Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pod lights causing computer issue

Old 09-16-2021, 12:07 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pod lights causing computer issue

I had pod lights incorrectly installed about 3 weeks ago. Wired the ground’s to a few points in the engine bay and ran the red wires to the existing ones on my fog lights I wanted to just have them already wired to a already existing switch. they ran normal for a while but a few days ago my Jeep just randomly wouldn’t start. So i jumped it and got it running but then my check engine light came on The symptoms it caused were p060b something that has to do with PCM detecting an issue and I’m pretty sure that tripped the P0300 Multiple misfires code it’ll start on its own everytime now but idles rough because of the Misfires. I know it caused a parasitic draw somewhere because we got the battery charged And tested the ground on the Jeep and it’s reading Past 50ma. My issue now is that I don’t know what exactly the lights have short circuited because i was told the fog lights do not run to a fuse So could it be a relay from the PCM that it fried or if I directly hit the PCM. I’m really hoping it’s not the PCM but if anyone could with some advice that would be greatly appreciated

Quick Reply: Pod lights causing computer issue