Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Plug change

Old 09-13-2014, 03:24 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Plug change

My girl recently hit 60k and even though I've read that mopar recommends waiting until 100k to change plug I decided to change mine in an effort to improve my gas mileage. Most of them looked ok. One was starting to have a little corrosion on the tip. The gaps were also off by a little bit. I had a little rust on the threads and that might cause issues if waiting to change the plugs. Plugs and wires I spent around $65. I used Bosch double platinum( I know some people on here hate those) my suggestion is not to wait. A bit early but no headache from seized plugs and even gained a little mpgs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2705984255.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	575487

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum
Old 09-13-2014, 03:26 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And I know I only pictured 5 plugs. One fell into a tight spot and I spent the next 30 min on a recovery mission

Sent from my iPad using JK-Forum

Quick Reply: Plug change