Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please Help!! Trying to decide on two lift kits...

Old 10-13-2009, 07:01 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you all for your advice. You all really know what the hell your talking about here.

I'm definitly going to have to rethink everything over and do it right by just start saving!!!

I plan on running 35's within the next few months. Right now I have 33 BFG's mtz and ofcourse a month after I bought them, I want bigger ones! I'm addicted to beefing up my JK even though i'm just rolling through my graveled driveway while you guys are climbing bolders and owning anything that comes in your path.

mkjeep: Thanks for sending that link. I'm going to go check it out now since i'm acting like im working right now anyways.
I'm pretty new to all of this and thanks for explaining everything for me. I'm sure i'll be back on here asking some more questions shortly if I can;t seem to figure something out...

Keep posting if you guys have anymore advice for me. I'm basically a newbie here and will take everything in considertion!

Thanks all!
Old 10-13-2009, 10:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 10-13-2009, 12:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JK-Texas
Ok first off, Thanks for looking and every post will be very helpfull!!

I have a 2 Door 09 JK and trying to decide on a lift kit. I plan on getting it within the next two weeks and i've been trying to do as much research as I can but it's always tough for me haha. Maybe you can help?!?

The two kits:

1) Stage 1 Pro Comp 4" lift with ES9000 shocks or,

2) Zone Offroad 4" kit.....

I would like to have a 4" lift and am on a budget. I don't ever go hardcore offroading like you guys (which I wish I was lol). This is basically a street jeep. (Sadly). All I do is go to work and back home and then on the weekends I try to have a little fun if I ever get the chance.

I'm leaning toward the Pro Comp since I havn't really heard any problems with it but I've never heard of the Zone Offroad kit before...

If you could help me out and let me know your thoughts on the two kits i'm trying to decide on, then that would help me out tremendously!!!!

Again, I'm on a budget of around 8-900.... haha!

JK-Texas
It might help if you describe what made you select these two kits from all of the other ones. Maybe you didn't consider one that someone here can recommend for your criteria.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:45 PM
JK Newbie

Tera Flex offers a nice & inexpensive 2.5" Coil Lift that will give you realistically 3" of lift. . . You can also supplement it with Tera Flex/Daystar coil spacers. They are availible in different heights. I'm running the 2.5" Coil + 1 3/4" Spacers- simply because the dealer had the Day Stars on there already and tossed the factory spacers in the dump. . . Working fine so far.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

I'd suggest the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with a 1" body lift. That would look great and give you room for your 35 inch tires. If you have money left over, you'll probably want new track bars to keep everything straight.

4 inch lifts require a lot of modifications that I wouldn't want if I'm not going to go off road.
Old 10-13-2009, 06:54 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you do more than 2" of lift, definitely include money in your budget for trackbars. My last lift (previous JK) gave me about 3.5" of lift but no upgraded trackbar, and I had major death wobble issues. Also, if you plan on doing this lift yourself, ask around, plenty of us in Houston that have done our own lifts before.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:47 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by JK Rocker
I'd suggest the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift with a 1" body lift. That would look great and give you room for your 35 inch tires. If you have money left over, you'll probably want new track bars to keep everything straight.

4 inch lifts require a lot of modifications that I wouldn't want if I'm not going to go off road.
the 2.5 lift is really a 3" lift, so he could run 37's if you add the 1" body lift.

he'll still need a driveshaft.
Old 10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
JK Newbie

After reading some of the other posts I think I just may go out and buy the Teraflex 2.5 coil lift.... Maybe get a 1" body lift too...

Does the Teraflex kit come with everything I need?
Basically, It'd be so much easier if one of you list everything I need to look into and then I can figure out the rest...

Again, I appreciate every single one of you helping me out on this.

Soon I'll have my JK all fixed up and i'll just have to post a pic up with my woman next to it in the Show and Tell section haha....
Old 10-13-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Newbie

I would look into TERAFLEX, 3" great ride , flex , and you can add parts later...Plus great customer service. shock bushings on pro comp where out real fast, teraflex has pressed in bushings.
Old 10-14-2009, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Texas
Thank you all for your advice. You all really know what the hell your talking about here.

I'm definitly going to have to rethink everything over and do it right by just start saving!!!

I plan on running 35's within the next few months. Right now I have 33 BFG's mtz and ofcourse a month after I bought them, I want bigger ones! I'm addicted to beefing up my JK even though i'm just rolling through my graveled driveway while you guys are climbing bolders and owning anything that comes in your path.

mkjeep: Thanks for sending that link. I'm going to go check it out now since i'm acting like im working right now anyways.
I'm pretty new to all of this and thanks for explaining everything for me. I'm sure i'll be back on here asking some more questions shortly if I can;t seem to figure something out...

Keep posting if you guys have anymore advice for me. I'm basically a newbie here and will take everything in considertion!

Thanks all!
Remember what you said in this post. The same goes with a lift. A week after doing a 2.5 your going to want a 4" then a 6". If you are patient enough to save the money before buying, I recommend looking into the Off Road Evolution system including the long arms and coil overs. It's expensive but gives you a lot of adjustability and you will never beat the ride whether on road or off.

Quick Reply: Please Help!! Trying to decide on two lift kits...