Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please Help!! Trying to decide on two lift kits...

Old 10-12-2009, 10:40 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Please Help!! Trying to decide on two lift kits...

Ok first off, Thanks for looking and every post will be very helpfull!!

I have a 2 Door 09 JK and trying to decide on a lift kit. I plan on getting it within the next two weeks and i've been trying to do as much research as I can but it's always tough for me haha. Maybe you can help?!?

The two kits:

1) Stage 1 Pro Comp 4" lift with ES9000 shocks or,

2) Zone Offroad 4" kit.....

I would like to have a 4" lift and am on a budget. I don't ever go hardcore offroading like you guys (which I wish I was lol). This is basically a street jeep. (Sadly). All I do is go to work and back home and then on the weekends I try to have a little fun if I ever get the chance.

I'm leaning toward the Pro Comp since I havn't really heard any problems with it but I've never heard of the Zone Offroad kit before...

If you could help me out and let me know your thoughts on the two kits i'm trying to decide on, then that would help me out tremendously!!!!

Again, I'm on a budget of around 8-900.... haha!

JK-Texas
Old 10-12-2009, 10:48 PM
JK Jedi

save your money up and buy nice or just do the pro comp
Old 10-12-2009, 10:53 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Just know that when you buy a 4in kit there are alot of things that need to be adressed or your gonna end up with problems and adding more parts and eventually shitcan that kit to get a better one. If your gonna go that high your gonna end up spending more than 8-900 dollars.

FAQ

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 4" lift?
A: For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:31 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Just know that when you buy a 4in kit there are alot of things that need to be adressed or your gonna end up with problems and adding more parts and eventually shitcan that kit to get a better one. If your gonna go that high your gonna end up spending more than 8-900 dollars.

FAQ

Q: What are all the components that I will need with a 4" lift?
A: For a 4" lift, you should have a set of 4" coils, bump stop extensions, longer shocks, extended brake lines, longer sway bar links, adjustable front track bar, adjustable rear track bar, front and rear track bar relocation brackets, dropped pitman arm, adjustable upper and lower control arms front and rear and new double cardin u-joint style drive shafts.
save your money up
Old 10-12-2009, 11:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Pro Comp 4" coils i hear ride really soft which would probably suit your needs better for on street driving, but thats just what ive heard. If budget is an issue like you say it is, you might be better goin with a 3" suspension lift and 1" body lift which still looks awesome in my opinion, to me it comes down to the tire size i want to run, good luck!
Old 10-13-2009, 01:18 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You may wanna read over the rest of the Modified FAQ, it'll answer alot of your questions as far as what you'll need as far as what size tire you want to run, etc.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/modified-tech-faq-answers-questions-every-newbie-has-18617/

After reading this it may help you to decide actually how high, and what size tires you actually want to go with before spending money on ANY brand lift kit without taking into consideration how this is going to affect your daily driver, and what it takes to make your JK handle and perform as well as it does stock.

Last edited by mkjeep; 10-13-2009 at 01:26 AM.
Old 10-13-2009, 01:28 AM
JK Newbie

Default check this lift out

if you want to save money and have a good lift check out rustys offroad, i have ran one of his lifts and loved it, my brother is running one of his lifts now and loves it, im about to order one for my jk, he offers 3 different kits for a jk, and also different wheel, tire, and lift packages. he also stands behind his gear, great guy
Old 10-13-2009, 05:59 AM
JK Jedi Master

You really cant lift your jeep 4" on a budget and not have issues.

You can run 3" of lift on a budget, but your still going to need a rear driveshaft for your two door.

What size tire are you going with?
Old 10-13-2009, 06:06 AM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
You really cant lift your jeep 4" on a budget and not have issues.

You can run 3" of lift on a budget, but your still going to need a rear driveshaft for your two door.

What size tire are you going with?
exactly
Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 AM
JK Freak

Default Research

When I first got my JK I wanted to get the largest lift I could but after reading all the posts and info on these forums I decided to go with a TF 2.5". There is no way on a budget you will be happy with a 4" lift. Spend the time to do the research your lift can wait. I know it is hard the money was bruning a hole in my pocket while I was doing my research.

Quick Reply: Please Help!! Trying to decide on two lift kits...