Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please help with death wobble

Old 07-12-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Freak

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just curious as to how exactly a better adjustable aftermarket track bar can help prevent this. With the stock non-adjustable track bar, is the ovaling due to it not having the proper length/fitment to move properly or something?...kinda like it's stretching itself out, forcing it to move beyond it's ability? What exactly is going on that causes the ovalling?

I have an adjustable track bar, but I think my brackets are still stock, so should I still expect to get the ovaling thing occur at some point?
Old 07-18-2011, 10:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's caused by lifting the jeep and not having the ability to adjust the camber of the frame and sit, for lack of better explanation. The track bar itself is not usually the culprit, it's the eyes welded to your frame. Pull in your garage and put your emergency break on and vehicle in neutral. have someone turn the wheel far left n right with you under the front end. Look for slack, more than a 1/16 play is not really good and it may be very apparent when you look.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:05 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Runewolf1973
Just curious as to how exactly a better adjustable aftermarket track bar can help prevent this. With the stock non-adjustable track bar, is the ovaling due to it not having the proper length/fitment to move properly or something?...kinda like it's stretching itself out, forcing it to move beyond it's ability? What exactly is going on that causes the ovalling?

I have an adjustable track bar, but I think my brackets are still stock, so should I still expect to get the ovaling thing occur at some point?
I would keep an eye on it, if you have it adjusted right you shouldn't see any issue, but could if you do some extreme off roading. The eyelet or less superior as many factory parts are until upgraded.

Quick Reply: Please help with death wobble