Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please help!!

Old 07-08-2013, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!

so wile putting all of the stuff back on the jeep i tried to get the center console back on after raptor ining it. i had to get it was in 4x4 N to get it off, to put it back on it needed to be back in 2WD. so i attempted to do so in the normal routine (put in N, shift in 2WD, shift back in D). when i shifted towards 2WD it got stuck in the 4X4 position and made a huge POP. now the jeep will not go into D, R, N... nothin. getting AAA to come get it but im just wondering if anyone knows what the hell happened
Old 07-08-2013, 08:56 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Crawl under and see if the transfercase cable linkage came off/ broke. It should be on driver side of the transfercase
Old 07-08-2013, 09:10 AM
JK Freak

looking now... shifter linkage looks fine
Old 07-08-2013, 09:11 AM
JK Freak

There is a crappy plastic bushing that holds the transfer case lever onto the linkage. It may have disintegrated. You can zip tie it for a quick fix. There are several threads on this issue. Google JK transfer case linkage problem. This same part is down in the transfer case side also. Db cheap plastic parts aren't designed to hold up.
Old 07-08-2013, 09:13 AM
JK Freak

no i fixed that a few months ago, transfer linkage and t case linkage are in tact
Old 07-08-2013, 02:55 PM
JK Freak

it was stuck in N, thank you all

Quick Reply: Please help!!