Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Please help!!

Old 09-05-2011, 08:54 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please help!!

I installed a 1.25 body lift this weekend now i cant get my smittybilt rocker guards to reatach the center bolt with washer is up farther and it will not go around washer. tried to go at a angle but can't. anybody else have this issue.
Old 09-05-2011, 08:57 AM
JK Newbie

can you post a pic of problem
Old 09-05-2011, 09:05 AM
JK Freak

Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	40.1 KB
ID:	207116Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	207117

On the first pic that center bolt the armor hole need to go around but the washer is to big thought about grinding down washer on each side i will have to do that to four washers. thats the only way i can think to fix the problem. they were installed before but the washer was further down but added 1.25 body lift.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I have this setup on my jeep too. The smittybilt rocker guard does not go in between the main body bolt washer and body. You should just remove the rocker guards, install the body lift spacers, re install the main center bolt and washer, then install the rocker guards over the threaded posts coming down. I will save you a headache that I ran into. The grade 8 bolts that come with the body lift kit are not long enough when you add the rocker guards on. i.e. you will not be able to get the nut started. I had to stop in the middle and go to lowes and get longer bolts.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Freak

so basically i will have to remove all center bolts and jack up jeep again and replace those four bolts under the doors do u now what size u got.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just took one of the rough country grade 8 bolts with me to lowes and got the next longer size. Total pain in the ass but it was the only way I could get mine to work.
Old 09-05-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Freak

well lowes i go
Old 09-05-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Freak

Just got back from lowes all they had was 3 inch so that should give me plenty. Thanks for the help. Not doing today in a couple of weekends.
Old 09-07-2011, 03:39 PM
JK Freak

do u think it would be ok to mount my src guards back on with just using 3 of the body mount bolts to hold them on i can get all the mount bolts out but one. without having to jack back up the jeep or should i just jack back up the jeep?

Quick Reply: Please help!!