Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Play in front drive shaft question?

Old 09-13-2009, 06:46 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by FlyingJeep
Does this apply to stock Rubicon lockers as well?

No, only auto lockers, when unlocked the rubi is functioning as an open diff. in which there is only a tiny amount of play. Now this rotational play I'm talking about, not up and down.

Last edited by mkjeep; 09-13-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-13-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kflash
I know I have asked this before, but just want to verify...If I grab the cv joint of the front driveshaft and try to move it up and down, there is a little play with the yoke at the xfer caase. is that normal as well?
This is normal if the amount is very small. This was a big concern of mine before cause I had a nasty vibration coming from the front drivetrain somewhere. Thought it could have been coming from the front DS output from the t-case.

It was driving me crazy. I had to stop by the dealer for some parts and I jumped under about 6 or 7 JKs and all but one had a tiny bit of up and down play in the t-case output.

I have since solved the front vibration and the t-case is the same.

Quick Reply: Play in front drive shaft question?