Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Plastic Dip Rims

Old 02-21-2014, 09:15 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plastic Dip Rims

Just wondering about how long it should take me to plastic dip all 4 rims?
Old 02-21-2014, 12:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Depends how fast you take the off, prep, how many coats, and dry time depending on weather. My friend and I did 5 of my beadlocks in about 2 hours taking our time.
Old 02-21-2014, 12:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

I did all 5 on my Sahara in a couple hours. I stuffed newspaper behind them to protect the brakes and tailgate and just peeled the over spray off my tires. Not to bad, but next time I would use index cards in between tires and wheels for the overspray. I cleaned then all with alcohol then did 6-8 light coats. Just kept going around the jeep until I had a nice thick and even covering. It's been almost a year now and they have held up great, way better then I expected. When I rotate my tires I just touch up the lugs. Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-21-2014, 12:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Mine took most of the afternoon.
I took the wheels off to do it, that added considerable amount of time as i only had the jack/ stands to take two off at a time.
I also allowed for plenty of drying time inbetween coats.
I did make a mistake and tried to do it once when it was pretty cold, and the finish came out terrible. So... watch the weather
Old 02-21-2014, 12:56 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks. It's going to be about 60 plus degrees here in NC tomorrow so I believe it should be warm enough

Quick Reply: Plastic Dip Rims