Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Planning my build looking for feedback

Old 05-16-2011, 09:06 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Planning my build looking for feedback

I have a 2010 unlimited rubicon automatic. The plan is 6" teraflex longarm lift with speedbumps and Elka shocks plus teraflex Dana 60 front and rear end with 5:38 gears and elockers. New driveshafts also from teraflex. 38" toyos on spyderlock 18" wheels. Then LOD signature series shorty front with stinger and shorty rear with tire carrier. First and most expensive part. Let me know your thoughts
Old 05-16-2011, 09:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by FielderCRNA
I have a 2010 unlimited rubicon automatic. The plan is 6" teraflex longarm lift with speedbumps and Elka shocks plus teraflex Dana 60 front and rear end with 5:38 gears and elockers. New driveshafts also from teraflex. 38" toyos on spyderlock 18" wheels. Then LOD signature series shorty front with stinger and shorty rear with tire carrier. First and most expensive part. Let me know your thoughts
Dang man that's quite a build! What kind of offroading are you planning to do with it?
Old 05-16-2011, 09:10 AM
JK Newbie

All kinds hopefully. Fortunately she is not my daily driver. But when finished I want her to ride like one.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:11 AM
JK Super Freak

You're gonna have some nice flex
Old 05-16-2011, 09:12 AM
JK Newbie

Would you guys get the elockers or the arb air lockers. Both options are available from teraflex. I was hoping to use my factory locker controls with new e lockers.
Old 05-16-2011, 09:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well you plan on a LOT of lift height! Teraflex has always been known as a great company too.

Would you guys get the elockers or the arb air lockers. Both options are available from teraflex. I was hoping to use my factory locker controls with new e lockers.
If it were me and money was not a factor, I'd go with the ARBs. I've heard way too many stories about how people's elockers have failed them or seized up and won't disengage. Even though you'd have to add in some switches, I think it's worth the superior quality. Get the Daystar switch panel and it would look very clean (someone who doesn't know much about Jeeps couldn't tell the difference).
Old 05-16-2011, 09:24 AM
JK Newbie

I have the Elkas with about 1500 miles on them now and absolutely love them! The ride quality is superior in comparison to my factory Rubi setup and it continues to improve as the suspension settles. Highly recommend!
Old 05-16-2011, 11:49 AM
JK Newbie

What Is everyones thought on a 6" teraflex longarm lift with 38s
Old 05-16-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Well with Teraflex, the lift height is much more, ~1.5" more, than advertised. You might be better going with a 4" lift and cutting your fenders, depending on how true-to-size your tires are. Maybe someone will chime in who actually has a similar setup, I'm just speaking from what I read on this forum.
Old 05-16-2011, 11:55 AM
JK Freak

Sounds good to me. I wish I went with the 6" LA instead if 4" short arm with my 37s.

Quick Reply: Planning my build looking for feedback