Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pitman arm ?

Old 05-30-2011, 12:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitman arm ?

I am in the process of fixing the steering on the front of my Jeep. The 4 wd shop put on the drop pitman arm and didn't use the track bar bracket to fix the steering geometry, so now I am in the process of fixing it. I am putting the stock pitman arm back on since I have an adj. track bar. I have the pitman arm off and have the stock one ready to go back on. What is the best way of going to make sure it is back on correctly and will I have to recenter my steering after I put the stock pitman arm on.
Old 05-30-2011, 04:11 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it is like most pitman arms I've seen, it only goes on one way because it is keyed. I've never looked at a JK pitman arm. I would say there is a good chance you will need to recenter your steering wheel.

Quick Reply: Pitman arm ?