Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM
View Poll Results: Pitbull Rockers or BFG KM2s?
Rockers
68.18%
KM2s
31.82%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

Pitbull Rocker Radials vs KM2s

Old 09-30-2011, 10:33 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by AvnxScout
I like the KM2, good wear, noise isn't bad, great on the trail but its annoying to buy them in 35" tire when they are really 33.75"
Mine actually measure up to about 34.4-34.8....
Old 09-30-2011, 11:05 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree about KM2's being overrated. My 37's with lockers don't compare to the 35" stt's I had on my sahara which wasn't locked.
Old 09-30-2011, 12:59 PM
JK Super Freak

you can't really compare the two tires since they are in totally differant catagories IMO. i have had both and i am currently running a km2. i had 37 radial rocker's and switched back to km2's just a bigger size then before 38x14.50's (35's before). if you use your jeep as a dd i recomend a more road freindly tire then rockers. they are heavy, loud and very hard to balance and did i mention heavy. i lost about 16 pounds a tire going from the 37 x12.50 rockers to a 38 x 14.50 km2 (same height as rockers and about a inch wider). i also had one tire that had a factory patch come out of it on the inside and caused my hard top to crack it vibrated so bad (was flat towing and did not know it happened since i towed it for two days like that) they did replace the tire to give them credit but not the top. i won't personally ever run a pit bull tire again and find them to be the worst american made product i have ever seen. i had a tire that took 42 oz of weight yes thats right, and all of them were over 24 oz's. my worst tire on my km2's is 14 oz with the same rims as the pitbulls were on.

km2's also have there issues as well, like the thin sidewalls that get cut up real bad. there traction is not as good offroad as the rockers but they preform very well. a rocker tire is more compared to a bfg crawler tire then a km2. rockers are close to a red lable tire according to the company but i have found they do wear quite well so i have my doubts on that coment. krawlers do not ware well at all though and come in blue and red lable. i ran both on other rigs and they both wore out within a season of just wheeling. i would compare a rocker to a super swamper more then a km2 or krawler even.

everyone must make there own choice on tires and there are lots of good ones and bad ones. that is my two cents on the subject since i have ran both on the jk within the last year or so. pitbulls do look bad to the bone though and give you a extra cool factor. at least while it is offroad or sitting just not while your driving 70 down the hwy.
Old 09-30-2011, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts

Good info. I like these tires but if these are normal issues I would just go with a super swamper radial...
Old 09-30-2011, 06:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

you might want to look into the maddog mud tire from pit bull! almost the same offroad perfprmance as the rockers in a more street friendly tread design!
Old 09-30-2011, 08:02 PM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I liked my Hankook Dynapro MT03's but they used to be cheaper than the big name brands. Lately they are priced above the KM2 and MTR's. Supply and demand I guess.

Quick Reply: Pitbull Rocker Radials vs KM2s