Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pitbull Rocker 39.5x1650 x17

Old 07-18-2010, 09:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jeeperman13
im not sure, and i thank all of you for your input, with all the damn differnt tire makers and sizes its like trying to find a honda with out a weed-eater sound comming out of it, and i will say this, it is gonna have a show factor, with the money im dumping into it, and the parts i am workin on, i deff. wanna show it off, but dont get me wrong, im gonna crawl, im gonna mudd, but im not gonna get crazy and do something im gonna regret on a $40,000+ rig....
Look at irok radial, they make a 39.5 13.50 17. It will be a narrower tire and help with fitment. You also will have a radial that will be better on the road. I would also lose the 2 inch body lift because the 6 inch lift will be plenty to clear with a little trimming and the right bump stop. Just make sure you have adjustable arms front and rear. Also the right brake line length. I just don't know what comes with a 6 inch rough country lift. Nothing against rough country, but I woud try to find a better more complete lift. It will cost more, but wil be worth it.

Edit: After looking at the rough country lift. there is one that has adjustable arms, but you will need driveshafts.

Last edited by redx08; 07-18-2010 at 09:03 PM.
Old 07-19-2010, 02:32 PM
JK Freak

I really would not worry about running a 9.5" wide rim. Yes you'll need to run slightly lower tire pressures for a flat foot print but no big deal. As per the blowing out a tire, The Rocker Bias ply is one TOUGH ass tire! A narrower rim will really help to prevent you blowing a bead too. Easier to blow a bead with a wider rim.
Old 07-19-2010, 05:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redx08
Look at irok radial, they make a 39.5 13.50 17. It will be a narrower tire and help with fitment. You also will have a radial that will be better on the road. I would also lose the 2 inch body lift because the 6 inch lift will be plenty to clear with a little trimming and the right bump stop. Just make sure you have adjustable arms front and rear. Also the right brake line length. I just don't know what comes with a 6 inch rough country lift. Nothing against rough country, but I woud try to find a better more complete lift. It will cost more, but wil be worth it.

Edit: After looking at the rough country lift. there is one that has adjustable arms, but you will need driveshafts.

Yes, i am getting the X series that has the adjustable arms, and im getting tom woods Drive shafts
Old 07-13-2012, 08:13 PM
JK Newbie

Here is mine with 4" x series Rough Country. Also added 1.75 coil spacers in front to level it. Great Kit. Hard to Beat. 39.5 IROKS on 17" Trail Ready. Daily Driver. I did cut the stock flares tho. Wish I would have went with 42" tires. Plenty of room even with NO BUMPSTOPS. Just play with your control arm lengh. My next tire will be the 41.5 rocker. Hope thise helps
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0990.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	98.0 KB
ID:	340812
Old 07-13-2012, 11:04 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DazJeep
Here is mine with 4" x series Rough Country. Also added 1.75 coil spacers in front to level it. Great Kit. Hard to Beat. 39.5 IROKS on 17" Trail Ready. Daily Driver. I did cut the stock flares tho. Wish I would have went with 42" tires. Plenty of room even with NO BUMPSTOPS. Just play with your control arm lengh. My next tire will be the 41.5 rocker. Hope thise helps
Attachment 340812
Is that the soundbar on the rear section of the rollcage?

Quick Reply: Pitbull Rocker 39.5x1650 x17