Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pitbull Rocker 39.5x1650 x17

Old 07-17-2010, 12:50 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pitbull Rocker 39.5x1650 x17

trying to get a set of massive tires on my jk anyone know where i can find a set of 17x12 wheels with some high backspacing so i can get these beast on my jk? its gonna have a 6inch rough country lift, and a 2 inch body lift but i cant find any damn wheels for these beast
Old 07-17-2010, 01:03 PM
JK Freak

These will be my next set, once I get the cash together. I'll be running them on my raceline allied rockathons 32 bolt beadlocks, 17x9.5 with 4" backspace. The slightly narrower rim will help with the inner bead but may make the tires crown alittle. Not a big deal though as these will be my offroad tires only. I also looked for 12" wide rims with no success. But my 9.5's will do just fine! The width on those tires scare me though 16.5!!!
Old 07-17-2010, 01:18 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Northernmedic
These will be my next set, once I get the cash together. I'll be running them on my raceline allied rockathons 32 bolt beadlocks, 17x9.5 with 4" backspace. The slightly narrower rim will help with the inner bead but may make the tires crown alittle. Not a big deal though as these will be my offroad tires only. I also looked for 12" wide rims with no success. But my 9.5's will do just fine! The width on those tires scare me though 16.5!!!

yea the reason i chose them was i found them at a killer deal, $345.00 a tire... i think thats a good deal on them, yay or nay? and i wouldt call my self necessarly new to the sport, but i am always learning, if i were to try and run them on an 8 or a 9.5 wheel on the street, what kind of sh*t am i looking to get myself into? ive never really ran across something like this before
Old 07-17-2010, 02:13 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeeperman13
if i were to try and run them on an 8 or a 9.5 wheel on the street, what kind of sh*t am i looking to get myself into? ive never really ran across something like this before
As above, second post, get some 9.5 wide rims, the tyre might crown a little so just lower your tyre pressures to suit.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:21 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Sim79
As above, second post, get some 9.5 wide rims, the tyre might crown a little so just lower your tyre pressures to suit.
and rodger, got it, im trying to figure out what might happen on the road, bad wear? blow out? pop bead? idk, i dont wanna blow 1900 bucks on tires i wont be able to mount.... or i destroy them too quickly
Old 07-17-2010, 06:57 PM
JK Freak

Just out of curiosity why not run the Rocker in a 42x15R17 bias or the 41.5x13.5R17 in the radial? You could get away with a 9-10" wide rim pretty easy, at least in comparison to hunting down a 12". The added height is always nice too Clearance shouldn't be a problem with your set-up and a little trimming either.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:42 PM
JK Enthusiast

and rodger, got it, im trying to figure out what might happen on the road, bad wear? blow out? pop bead? idk, i dont wanna blow 1900 bucks on tires i wont be able to mount.... or i destroy them too quickly
The tyres will crown a bit, so onroad you might have to lower your pressures a little so the tread sits flat on the road, if you don't do this the center section of tread will wear faster than the edges. Tyres won't blow out, bead retention is always better on narrow rim.
Old 07-18-2010, 01:45 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by runit3
Just out of curiosity why not run the Rocker in a 42x15R17 bias or the 41.5x13.5R17 in the radial? You could get away with a 9-10" wide rim pretty easy, at least in comparison to hunting down a 12". The added height is always nice too Clearance shouldn't be a problem with your set-up and a little trimming either.
im not really sure y not to be honest haha, im not totally sure what i can fit easily with that set up, im not trying to go hacking into the body or anything crazy like that to fit tires.
Old 07-18-2010, 06:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

im not really sure y not to be honest haha, im not totally sure what i can fit easily with that set up, im not trying to go hacking into the body or anything crazy like that to fit tires.
With 8 inches of lift you can easily fit 41.5 rockers. If plan man can fit 40s with 3 inch suspension and 1 inch body 41s will be easy for you. I think 39's will be pushing the 44s, but i think 41s will really push the 44s, unless its more for show.
Old 07-18-2010, 04:17 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by redx08
With 8 inches of lift you can easily fit 41.5 rockers. If plan man can fit 40s with 3 inch suspension and 1 inch body 41s will be easy for you. I think 39's will be pushing the 44s, but i think 41s will really push the 44s, unless its more for show.
im not sure, and i thank all of you for your input, with all the damn differnt tire makers and sizes its like trying to find a honda with out a weed-eater sound comming out of it, and i will say this, it is gonna have a show factor, with the money im dumping into it, and the parts i am workin on, i deff. wanna show it off, but dont get me wrong, im gonna crawl, im gonna mudd, but im not gonna get crazy and do something im gonna regret on a $40,000+ rig....

Quick Reply: Pitbull Rocker 39.5x1650 x17