Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pintler tyre sizes no lift

Old 06-01-2016, 12:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Pintler tyre sizes no lift

Hey guys, I've settled on the pintlers and trying to work out what tyre size I can run. 2012 2dr and I am not running a lift, the pintlers have 5.2" BS. Tyres I'm considering are the ATZP3 and duratracs. I've seen reports around that a 305/65/17 won't rub with this BS, has anyone run without a lift? Also interested in info on 295/70/17 if anyone's on those?
Old 06-02-2016, 01:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

I would run 285/70/17. Looks great, performs great and easy size to get. the sizes you are looking at limits you to which tire you can get.

EDIT: I would rethink the pintlers. They have an inherent design flaw that causes cracking in the wheel where the "spoke" connects to the "rim". I was going to use them, but the thought of a wheel cracking at highway speeds with my family in my rig, my decision was easy to get something else.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modi...g-64147/page6/

Google search it. I would buy any of their products in a heartbeat, but not the pintler wheel. The savegre or salta YEP. not the pitler.

Last edited by Kojack; 06-02-2016 at 01:53 AM.

Quick Reply: Pintler tyre sizes no lift