Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

A-pillar switch pod installed, need acc power

Old 10-14-2016, 04:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by supersport126
I'm trying to tie into fuse box direct but I'm measuring and everything is hot with key out? I'm even getting voltage on all 3 power outlets at fuse. One of them, acc (m6) should be key only, geez... lol.
When I tapped my box I used an available fuse by the top right side of your pic. This way you can drill a small hole and run the wire out the side alongside the bigger wire. Hope that makes sense.
Old 10-14-2016, 05:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

This thread shows some places to install the fuse tap that will be switched power: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-191552/
Old 10-14-2016, 05:27 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ronjenx
This thread shows some places to install the fuse tap that will be switched power: https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/jk-e...source-191552/
tried those spots, actually bought that connector and read that article before I started. Whatever I have a fix. Gonna break the ground at the A-pillar with a small push button switch, on/off. I'm only trying to kill the led's and USB port when the key is off as my switches are lit in both on and off position
Old 10-14-2016, 05:39 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by supersport126
tried those spots, actually bought that connector and read that article before I started. Whatever I have a fix. Gonna break the ground at the A-pillar with a small push button switch, on/off. I'm only trying to kill the led's and USB port when the key is off as my switches are lit in both on and off position
Those spots are hot all the time in your TIPM?

Quick Reply: A-pillar switch pod installed, need acc power