Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

A-Pillar light mounts - protective rubber liners

Old 10-13-2015, 09:13 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A-Pillar light mounts - protective rubber liners

My rubber liners are wearing and I want to replace with a new liner. Anyone have an idea where you can purchase the rubber liner material.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:21 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have you contacted the company that made the original rubber liners?
Old 10-14-2015, 05:52 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JE8154
Have you contacted the company that made the original rubber liners?
Yes. They don't sell the liners as an individual item. Called a few other manufactures and got the same answer. They all said purchase the rubber liner online and cut to fit. Problem is no one gave me a name so I could locate the liners online
Old 10-14-2015, 06:52 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Is it like a rubber gasket? If so, I would use an old inner tube.

Last edited by 14Sport; 10-14-2015 at 09:17 AM.
Old 10-14-2015, 05:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I tried to buy an inner-tube for just this purpose. Couldn't find one anywhere. I actually went to a tire store, Tires Plus, and they told me that they don't use them anymore and didn't have one.

I did see them at the Harbor Freight near me though. After I had already worked out a solution.

I used some round rubber washers from Sears. I didn't want the wear that you are talking about to mar the paint on the A pillar. So I decided to use the washers and tighten the bolts just the right amount so that the light bar bracket won't touch at the top. The washers are also about twice the thickness of the supplied gasket, so there is more space to run the wires under the bracket. The washers I used had a 1/4" hole in them and were about 1.5" wide and 1/8" thick. A couple I had to trim so it didn't stick out too much from under the bracket. Also if you use the thicker washers you may have to get longer bolts.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-28 15.30.40-small.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	627360
Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-09-28 15.31.19.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	2.16 MB
ID:	627359
Old 10-14-2015, 06:05 PM
JK Newbie

Go get some soft sided non skid not the stuff that has sand on it, get a sheet or roll have some for other stuff. its sticky tape on one side so you can install it on your mount then trim.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by maxspongebob
I tried to buy an inner-tube for just this purpose. Couldn't find one anywhere. I actually went to a tire store, Tires Plus, and they told me that they don't use them anymore and didn't have one.

I did see them at the Harbor Freight near me though. After I had already worked out a solution.

I used some round rubber washers from Sears. I didn't want the wear that you are talking about to mar the paint on the A pillar. So I decided to use the washers and tighten the bolts just the right amount so that the light bar bracket won't touch at the top. The washers are also about twice the thickness of the supplied gasket, so there is more space to run the wires under the bracket. The washers I used had a 1/4" hole in them and were about 1.5" wide and 1/8" thick. A couple I had to trim so it didn't stick out too much from under the bracket. Also if you use the thicker washers you may have to get longer bolts.

Attachment 627360
Attachment 627359
Good solution.
Old 10-15-2015, 02:58 AM
JK Junkie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Neoprene sheet won't wear out like rubber or some Nylons do.

Quick Reply: A-Pillar light mounts - protective rubber liners