Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Piecing together a ProRock 44 Housing

Old 01-23-2013, 05:28 PM
JK Jedi

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 5150cliff
FlameRed is correct. It's better to just get the whole enchilada from Dynatrac and drop it in. By the time you get all the components, get the gears put in along with the locker the labor is gonna cost you more in the long run.
Dynatrac can pretty much build it to the specs most here are suggesting. But you make a great point in that a built assembly is really nice way to go.
Old 01-24-2013, 01:00 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I bought my PR44 Unlimited housing from Dave at NR4x4. I got the ARB, 5.13's, ProSteer ball joints, RCV shafts and Reid knuckles. All I had to do was slide the RCV's in and swap over the unit bearings and brakes. Dave even welded on the bracket to bolt the PSC ram onto the axle. Even installed the drive shaft yoke from the shaft I bought the same time I ordered the PR44.
Old 06-14-2013, 04:42 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Alright, been a while now. I have a question to those with the prorock 44. Did you use the existing bumpstops or did you have to get a new set with a different height?
Also, what lower control arm skids can be welded on to the lower CA brackets?
Old 06-21-2013, 09:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should be able to reuse your existing bump stops in your current set up.....just move them to the PR if they are a different height than the stops included with the PR.

A little more detail: my PR came with bumpstops, but they were too short for my lift/wheel/fender combination (TF 4" lift, 34" tires, stock flares - uncut). I pulled the TF extended bump stops and screws I had been using for years off my 30 and found the TF screws did not work with the PR. I ended up getting longer screws that would fit the PR.

LCA skids.......the brackets on the PR are much thicker than the factory brackets. I opted to pass on the skids for now. If you are concerned about LCA skids, have you looked at the Tera44 housing?

Last edited by Hombre Liga; 06-21-2013 at 09:25 PM.
Old 06-22-2013, 05:50 AM
JK Freak

I spoke w/ NR4x4 prior to ordering the PR44 and they said they should be able to weld on lca skids and the HD synergy raised trackbar bracket. I got new brake rotors, calipers, and pads as well. just need new unit bearings and ill have a fresh front end.
Old 06-22-2013, 06:13 AM
JK Newbie

I welded Evo lca skids on mine. I don't think you need them with the thicker brackets but I wanted them to protect the control arm ends, and they make it more of a challenge to clean the mud out! I have the unlimited housing and had to use the synergy trac bar bracket to get rid of the bump steer I had initially. I put it together without it initially since the angles are a little different, but it wasn't enough with the drag link flipped. I modified the bracket I had already to fit the larger 3" axle tube and welded it on too.

Quick Reply: Piecing together a ProRock 44 Housing