Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pictrues of Diff with cover off??

Old 06-23-2008, 10:06 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for all the pictures. One more ? If you look at my pictures my clip is not holding that bearing in place, witch allowed that peace to spin witch in turn broke the sensor. My ? is what is that part called? The dealer says it one peace, the locker itself. And if anybody can give me any ideas to why that part would spin? Thanks for all the help.
Old 06-23-2008, 10:31 AM
Sponsoring Vendor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

And if anybody can give me any ideas to why that part would spin? Thanks for all the help.
It rides on a bearing and will only spin if the bearing is seized or the "clip" is not installed properly .

David
Old 06-23-2008, 11:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Before I bought my ARB covers (front and rear) I emailed them concerning any issues that I may have with interference etc after some posts I have read on here. After a few emails this is what I got back. Also, I have them installed both front and rear on my 08 Rubi with no problems whatsoever.

"There is a couple of issues with the covers that have been addressed; On the Rubicon JK D44 front, the cover had contact with part of the suspension. The contact occurred on the raised part of the ARB logo. To correct this, later production covers were modified to a lower profile at this point to clear. The later production covers are marked with a blue dot on the box. The issue was with the front D44 application only. The rear will clear fine. If you happen to get a cover that does not clear, you can either, return it to us and we will swap it out with a later cover or machine a bit off of the contact point. If you choose to modify the cover, we cannot accept it back. The D35 cover has had some internal, ring gear/cover clearance issues with the tall factory gear ratios. I.e.: 2.93- 1, 3.07- 1. The ring gear can be machined down just enough to clear without weakening the gear in any significant way.

Thanks,

Duffy Biggs

Customer Service

ARB USA

720 SW 34th Street

Renton, WA 98057

P: 425-264-1391

F: 425-264-1392

Duffyb@arbusa.com

http://www.arbusa.com""
Old 06-23-2008, 12:27 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As I was reading this post something occured to me.....ONLY "Jeep" owners would have pictures and discussions on the internal workings of BRAND NEW VEHICLES!!! These are brand new $30,000 + vehicles and we have pictures we took when we took stuff apart
Wonder how many Prius owners could even post a picture of their vehicles batteries??
DEFINATELY A JEEP THING!!!
Old 06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

have you seen this??
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/modified-jk-tech-2/arb-diff-cover-issue-resolved-45739/

Quick Reply: Pictrues of Diff with cover off??