Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pics of your 18's with 33's

Old 11-13-2012, 07:11 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Argh! The more research I do the less decisions I make! lol

Last night I was pretty set on the 33's on the OEM wheels with a tf spacer level kit.

This morning, I woke up thinking, that's probably not the best set up for towing my boat which is about 2500-2800lbs. My concern was the ride might be a bit bouncy with extra load so I figured move up to the TF Coil BB level kit, same lift but with stiffer springs and eliminating the spacers. My only concern with these lifts are, will it look high enough. Figured worse come to worse, I can always add 1/2" spacers to the TF coils. Then, my morning coffee must of kicked in cause my mind immediately went to "Um hey buddy, if you end up with 2" lift, you should really look at swamping out those OEM shocks for something with more travel" its like my mind is trying to get me to spend more money. lol

I love the look of 35s with the TF 2.5" lift, I think that would be my ideal set up BUT i have to keep it street able, I spend at least 90% on the pavement and I have to be able to get into some underground parking garages so reality kicks in and reminds to go no higher than 2" lift to be safe as 33"s will likely add another 1/2 of height to the whole package when all is said and done.

Then I priced out 295/65/18's with spidertrax 1.5" spacers. This set up will run me about $1300. Then I priced out 285/70/17s and some XD Hoss in 17 X 9 and that came out to about $1700. For $400 more, I get an extra set of wheels and now my stockers are actually usable if I need them cause I can keep them on the stock wheels as back up or sell them alot easier than I would be able to sell just the tires to help pay down some of this investment in the 17s. And, if I ever can go with 35's and bigger lift one day, I have the 17's already making life easier and cheaper down the road.

So I think I will end going with XD Hoss 17x9's (what I pay for 4 spacers its about 75% the cost of 2 wheels, its almost a no brainer) 285/70/17s (or is there a better tire size here) and either TF 1.5" coil level kit or the RE 2" with shocks.

Anyone have experience with the RE 2" kit? I hear TF is very close to stock ride, how about the RE kit?

Last edited by GiggityGiggity; 11-13-2012 at 07:13 AM.
Old 11-13-2012, 09:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GiggityGiggity
Argh! The more research I do the less decisions I make! lol

Last night I was pretty set on the 33's on the OEM wheels with a tf spacer level kit.

This morning, I woke up thinking, that's probably not the best set up for towing my boat which is about 2500-2800lbs. My concern was the ride might be a bit bouncy with extra load so I figured move up to the TF Coil BB level kit, same lift but with stiffer springs and eliminating the spacers. My only concern with these lifts are, will it look high enough. Figured worse come to worse, I can always add 1/2" spacers to the TF coils. Then, my morning coffee must of kicked in cause my mind immediately went to "Um hey buddy, if you end up with 2" lift, you should really look at swamping out those OEM shocks for something with more travel" its like my mind is trying to get me to spend more money. lol

I love the look of 35s with the TF 2.5" lift, I think that would be my ideal set up BUT i have to keep it street able, I spend at least 90% on the pavement and I have to be able to get into some underground parking garages so reality kicks in and reminds to go no higher than 2" lift to be safe as 33"s will likely add another 1/2 of height to the whole package when all is said and done.

Then I priced out 295/65/18's with spidertrax 1.5" spacers. This set up will run me about $1300. Then I priced out 285/70/17s and some XD Hoss in 17 X 9 and that came out to about $1700. For $400 more, I get an extra set of wheels and now my stockers are actually usable if I need them cause I can keep them on the stock wheels as back up or sell them alot easier than I would be able to sell just the tires to help pay down some of this investment in the 17s. And, if I ever can go with 35's and bigger lift one day, I have the 17's already making life easier and cheaper down the road.

So I think I will end going with XD Hoss 17x9's (what I pay for 4 spacers its about 75% the cost of 2 wheels, its almost a no brainer) 285/70/17s (or is there a better tire size here) and either TF 1.5" coil level kit or the RE 2" with shocks.

Anyone have experience with the RE 2" kit? I hear TF is very close to stock ride, how about the RE kit?
Good call on the XD Hoss lol
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2796620115.jpg
Views:	168
Size:	79.5 KB
ID:	388332  
Old 11-13-2012, 09:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Isn't it fun having all of these aftermarket options available to you. Decisions, decisions.....

Old 11-16-2012, 08:09 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by OH9JK
Isn't it fun having all of these aftermarket options available to you. Decisions, decisions.....

At first it was great fun, feels like alot of work now. lol
Old 11-16-2012, 10:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by GiggityGiggity
that looks good too, to high for me, unfortunately I wouldn't get into the parking at work. I could probably get over it though. lol
Time to get a new job then!!!!

Quick Reply: Pics of your 18's with 33's