Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pics of ome 2 inch lift, shrockworks mid

Old 11-02-2007, 05:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at the OME lift and just wondering why your 2 inch lift looks like a 3+... and I expected that the ride would be much better than the rubicons with all the hype about OME.. I gues if I plan to do a Bumper no winch and no rear bumper I could go with the medium Coils....
Old 11-02-2007, 06:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

The kit costs $699.99 from Northridge4x4. They have a 5% SEMA discount off of the regular price right now! So $699.99 shipped - 5%.
As far as the ride being way better than stock, I think I will see the improvement when I take it off road, but please keep in mind I am a newbie without much experience in other lifts, etc. to compare it to. I am very,very happy with it and would recommend it in a heartbeat.
I am not sure why it seems so high but again my shop said the front was 2 inches with add-ons.
Old 11-02-2007, 08:27 AM
JK Newbie

ski313,

Your ride looks sweet with the OME lift I just ordered the Rubicon Express 3.5 but i really like the the way you JK looks
Old 11-02-2007, 08:33 AM
JK Enthusiast

Ski
Thanks for all your help!
Thanks to you and the GREAT service with Northridge I just placed my order.
I know they are at SEMA but had a ? so thought I would try to call and see
if they left someone behind to field ?'s but NOPE! They had their calls forwarded
to their cell phone and answered from the floor at SEMA. Took the time to answer
my ? without a rush and I told them I would place my order online right away. They went out of their way to make sure I understood it would not ship till Monday as no one was in the office and wanted to make sure that wasn't a problem for me. They also told me not to hesitate to call back if I have any other ?'s before they get back in the shop on monday.

So....
AEV Pintler wheels sitting in the garage. I will be getting new tires from Discount Tire on Monday (my guys out of the shop till then). I am getting the Sylvania bulbs today.
I have the OME 2 in lift on order, 3 in Mastercraft Grab Handles, Olympic Reversa Bars (make it easier for my GF to get in and out of as for now its mainly a daily driver), Rugged Ridge handles for the rear and the Mopar entry guards... (anything else you guys can think of I should get?)
In a couple mths I will be adding the AEV Hood, Front bumper, fog lights and a Warn Winch. Then I just need to wait for the AEV rear bumper and I think I will be done

Last edited by JYogi; 11-02-2007 at 08:36 AM.
Old 11-03-2007, 12:32 AM
JK Super Freak

You'll never be done...
Old 11-04-2007, 09:06 PM
JeepSWAG
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Do you have any idea how much that bumper and winch weigh? Did you use any of the spacers, that are included with the lift?

Yeah, looks like a bit of a rake issue, but understandable. As I recall that winch is heavy.

Great to hear some updates on this lift. Thanks for posting.

Old 11-04-2007, 09:33 PM
JK Jedi

That would look great with some Shrockworks Rails. At least the one you bought! (Inside joke)
Old 11-04-2007, 09:38 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by ski313
last one...
Look at the attention to detail. Rope, hook and shackle bolts match with the shocks!
Old 11-05-2007, 03:52 AM
JK Freak

Don't forget to post pics when you get 35's!!!
Old 11-05-2007, 06:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rubimon
Look at the attention to detail. Rope, hook and shackle bolts match with the shocks!
Yeah, thats a girl thing, the guys at the shop that installed it laughed at me too.
The rails are still at my sisters. Family is coming in December so I will get them then. Can't wait.
I didn't think the rake looked too bad, neither did the shop so, no it doesn't have any spacers but I may add them . I would love to hear opinions about this from the experienced Jeepers, so please give feedback, even negative is okay with me.

I will get weights for you Woods, I have them somewhere.
35's will be here today! Installed tomorrow! Hopefully

Quick Reply: pics of ome 2 inch lift, shrockworks mid