Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pics of Mickey Thompson ATZ

Old 01-18-2012, 07:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by laxnjay
I LOVE my atzs! Great on the beach, quiet on the highway and enough traction to get me through the greens at rausch creek last weekend!

I believe you have the ATZplus. The ATZ is a bit more aggressive at and the MTZ is a mud tire.
Old 01-18-2012, 08:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

PM me if you want to buy five 33/12.50/17 baja atZs with 70% tread left!!
Old 01-22-2012, 08:46 PM
JK Enthusiast

Check my gallery out I bought the MT ATZ two years ago and really like them. They look real aggressive and are quiet on the hiway. I don't offroad but I am sure others on here can tell you how they work. Long lasting too I have 50k on them now and they still look new!!
Old 02-08-2013, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 07 RBY
I can tell you they suck in mud, if you're not aired down. With the pressure at 15 PSI, they rock. I crawled up a fairly steep, grassy, sand hill with no spinning in 2x2. I would probably not have made it aired up in 2. They were also fantastic on the rocks.

I am running a 35x12.50R17 on a stock moab. - And, I am going to have to disagree with the "They suck in mud" comment.

I am comparing to my old 35" KM2's .. The ATZ's do not suck. They are just not as good as a true mud tire in sticky nasty clay.

A little more wheel speed and they do just fine. Other that that they are a great all terrain tire.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:47 AM
ksk
JK Enthusiast

If you want "the look" and good performance in mud, MTZ's are the way to go. As a daily drive ATZ are better because they are quieter on road and youlle prolly get a bit better fuel economy off them too.

Personally i like the noise my MTZs make and they look hot --hence its MTZs 4 me.

KSK

Quick Reply: Pics of Mickey Thompson ATZ