Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pics of 33x12.5x18 tires on sahara rims

Old 12-22-2008, 05:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by garrett490
ok so if I run 33x12.5x18 and I have the daystar 1 and 3/4 inch front spacer lift will I need 1.5 inch wheel spacers or not?
yes, you would.....a 12.5" wide tire will rub without spacers.
Old 12-22-2008, 05:47 PM
JK Super Freak

My 305/65/18" BFG All Terrain KO's on factory Sahara 18" wheels ( painted black ). Yes you need to run 1 1/2" spacers.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	PC220020.jpg
Views:	449
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	16800  
Old 12-23-2008, 04:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Forgive my ignorance. I understand the need for the spacers, but is there a reason why you wouldn't want to have them installed? Does it affect the ride or something?
Old 12-23-2008, 05:05 AM
JK Enthusiast

You could probably get by w/out them but I'd think you'd get some rubbing on full turns. Also, if you disconnected the swaybar you'd probably rub on that too.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

The reason I don't like spacers is because without a 2.5 inch lift I'm concerned my jeep will have that short and squatty look. I like the tall and skinny. But if the tires don't stick out past the fenders it will be fine. I see a lot of older wranglers that have the ugliest stance because they sit so low. But from the pics I've seen I prolly don't need to worry about that on the jk.
Old 12-23-2008, 06:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

My question on Spacers is really a "spacer vs. wheels" thought process. I am doing a 2.5 RC coil lift. I would like to upgrade to a taller and slightly wider tire (33 to 34, but 11.0 to 11.5) and don't really care to go wider than that. I am content with the stock wheels, but if I am going to have rubbing, then I have to make the next decision which is buy steelie's or go with spacers. Yes, I could always resell the spacers, but it would be at a loss (unless I buy a used set), so then I have to decide if it is just better to go with wheels and be done with it. That brings up a whole other issue, as if I am going to buy wheels and tires, then I can do mail order, whereas just tires, I would need a mount and balance, so would likely buy local as mail order does not seem to offer much in cost benefit with just tires after you pay for a mount and balance. Plus, you have your local dealer network to make you happy on flats and such.

While I love the look and potential off-road ability of 35x12.50 or bigger, the truth is my rig will be 90% daily driver, so fuel economy is important and it is unlikely that I will pound rocks and stumps into submission like some Jeepers do, so a lower slightly wider tire would be more than sufficient for my purposes.

Quick Reply: Pics of 33x12.5x18 tires on sahara rims