Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pics-33’s with no lift on a Flame Red X

Old 03-16-2007, 03:46 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics-33’s with no lift on a Flame Red X

I finally got some new wheels and tires put on today.

Specifics:
-16x8 Pro Comp Rock Crawler Series 97, 4.5” back spacing
-BFG 285/75R16 AT’s
-No lift yet (Teraflex 2.5” BB w/Skyjacker ¾’s to level the front on backorder)
-Front is about 1 ½” lower than the rear
-Tires stick out apprx. 1 ½”
-No rubbing during normal driving (haven't tried it off-road yet)
-Spare fits perfectly on the stock tire carrier.

My 6-year old decided he was gonna jump on me as I was putting on the P. New Jeep decal on order.

Wheels came from 4WheelParts.com. Wasn’t to happy with them (the business, not the wheels). I’ve never bought wheels online before (never bought em before period) and if you go to their webpage for this wheel, every picture shows it with a center cap with the extreme logo on it. I figured it was part of the wheel. When they came without the caps, I checked the webpage for the wheel and no where does it say center caps not included, cost extra, etc. nor do they give you a link on the wheel page to buy em.

I called 4WheelParts.com and they said, “Sorry, not included.” I explained to the guy about the webpage being misleading to some people (some of you probably know the center caps are extra), told him they should probably modify it and asked him if they would send me a set. He said the best he could do was free shipping. I passed. Needless to say, I’ll probably be spending several thousand dollars over the next few months on Jeep stuff and that was my first and last order from 4WheelParts.com.

I did a Google search and 4wd.com and 4wheelcustoms.com sell the same wheels and they clearly state that the center caps are not included and provide information for ordering them on the same page as the wheel.

Got the tires from America’s Tire Stores (also got some basic center caps from them). Great service, satisfied with the price and they gave me credit for the stock tires (I know...I coulda sold em myself for more but I really didn’t want the hassle of storing em till they sold).
Old 03-16-2007, 03:51 PM
JK Newbie

Looks good.
Question. I am looking to lift my 2dr JK X model. What made you chose the Teraflex 2 1/2" BB and then add the Skyjacker 3/4" front spacer? Are you staying with 33" tires or going to 35's?
Old 03-16-2007, 03:52 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looking nice, gonna look real good when the lift goes on, congrats.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:03 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by unimog2
Looks good.
Question. I am looking to lift my 2dr JK X model. What made you chose the Teraflex 2 1/2" BB and then add the Skyjacker 3/4" front spacer? Are you staying with 33" tires or going to 35's?
Wanted a lift and didnt want to go to high (Daily driver). Figured 2 1/2" was about right for 33's (at least that seems to be the consensus on this forum). I want to level out the front a little more too, especially when the winch goes on, and I read on here about adding the 3/4" up front.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by shawndabo
Looking nice, gonna look real good when the lift goes on, congrats.
Thanks. Lift is on backorder and I'm getting impatient.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:23 PM
JK Newbie

Got it. Do you know if you would need to do any work on the drive line with a 3" full traction budget lift, and I understand that you can run 35's as well?
Old 03-16-2007, 04:30 PM
JK Freak

Got it. Do you know if you would need to do any work on the drive line with a 3" full traction budget lift, and I understand that you can run 35's as well?
To be honest, I'm new at all of this and I'm learning as I go with the help of this forum. Someone with more knowledge on the subject will probably answer that for you.
Old 03-16-2007, 05:04 PM
JK Jedi Master

No work to the drive line, lift and put 35's. your good to go.
Old 03-16-2007, 08:07 PM
JK Freak

I'm pretty sure 4wheelparts.com and 4wd.com are sister companies. I'm waiting for some rims and tires from 4wd.com. Thanks for the headup on the center caps.

Did you need to change your lug nuts or can you use the existing ones?
Old 03-16-2007, 09:00 PM
JK Freak

Default 4WheelParts

I am sorry to hear about 4WheelParts.com...I was hoping they would be better than the local store. There is a 4WheelParts store in Albuquerque, and I never saw so many people who were as opinionated and ignorant of the four wheel drive world as them. I hope some of them read up on this forum (but I cannot believe any do, since they do not seem to know anything about JK's or any Jeep for that matter) so they might get an idea of hiring SOMEONE who knows something. I've been in our local store twice in the last month, and each time I get a different person who knows less than the last. They had no idea that gears were being developed, much less manufactured and shipped. They are dead set against wheel spacers, presumably so you will buy wheels from them. Guy yesterday had no idea that AEM had a CAI system out, could not even find out pricing, although they carry the brand. He told me the AEM for the JK was not available (Mine arrived from Quadratec today). One person who worked there was telling me that 35" tires would feel 'just like stock' since I had 4.10 axle gearing...I think I will stay far away from there in the future.

glwood

Quick Reply: Pics-33’s with no lift on a Flame Red X