Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Picked out my LSD have one more question....

Old 12-19-2011, 06:43 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Picked out my LSD have one more question....

I want to buy the Detroit trutrack for my 08 sahara. The gears I already bought are superior gears 4:88's How come some diffs give a gear ratio bracket that they will fit and soem dont? Are my gears going to fit this diff and work in my housing?
Old 12-19-2011, 08:16 AM
JK Freak

I assume you mean the rear axle. Yes, your gears will work. The truetrac you want is part number 913A589. It states for lower numerical gears because the JK gears are so thick.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:59 AM
JK Freak

Yes Rear axle sorry.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:07 AM
JK Freak

Are you sure on that p/n ???? That does not look right at all...

Originally Posted by jeep2007
I assume you mean the rear axle. Yes, your gears will work. The truetrac you want is part number 913A589. It states for lower numerical gears because the JK gears are so thick.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:07 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Yep, that's the one you want, note the comment on the hole size.

Originally Posted by Dynatrac
The correct Truetrac part number for a JK 44, any ratio (because of 'thick' gear), is 913A589. Keep in mind that you may have to re-drill the Truetrac to accept the 1/2" ring gear bolts used in most JKs built after mid 2007.
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...TruTrac-help!&
Old 12-19-2011, 11:27 AM
MTH
JK Enthusiast

Why isn't the person/shop who will be doing your install buying this stuff?

You need to be very sophisticated to do a gear or LSD install on your own. Assuming you're having a shop do it, you're far better off having the shop get the parts (you make them price-match what you find online, obviously).

This is so because by ordering the parts on your own and then bringing them to a shop, it's easier for the shop to refuse to warrant the install afterwards as they can always simply blame any problems on the parts. By contrast, if the shop orders the parts, it's all on them or their suppliers.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:03 PM
JK Freak

well.... ahem...... I overhaul highly sophisticated helicopter transmissions for a living that have numerous bearing preloads, gear patterns, and backlashes to set in a single unit. I promise you the specs on that stuff are far more strict than a D44. It may be a different application but it is all the same principle. I am armed with all the tools and information necessary to get this done. I bought a different unit today anyways. The guys at www.justdifferentials.com really know their shit. The guy I spoke with (Nils) worked as a tech rep for ARB for 5 years and was a wealth of info on the subject. I know when people are blowing smoke and he definitely was not.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:17 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Here is a good gear install write-up from another forum member. Doesn't hurt to brush up a bit before starting.

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...?82262-Gearing
Old 12-19-2011, 06:30 PM
JK Freak

It's cool you have those skills. Hope we helped and good luck. If you choose to share your install it'd be appreciated.

Quick Reply: Picked out my LSD have one more question....