Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pic request - sway bar disconnected

Old 12-07-2009, 11:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bareass
i just zip tie the link to the sway baar, it stays out of the way nicely
x2 I have an economy pack of like 500 zip ties, works like a charm haha
Old 12-07-2009, 12:20 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by 6DoF
i bounced all over Rausch Creek with the JKS's center totaly out. the sway bar just pushed all the way up, it never moved.
This is what I did as well. Then I got quite a few comments here about popping the tires with the swaybar in that position, and that it is better to secure the bar down in it's normal position. (where it is when the links are connected.) I'll be using short bungees to keep it lower from now on out.

It was this pic that brought up the comments:

Concerning the TF bracket, there have been quite a few posts about the tires contacting it and ripping out the retainer pins, and having to carry a lot of spare pins. I really like the idea of having the link secured up out of the way, but replacing pins all the time kind of defeats the purpose of paying for the bracket system instead of just using a bungee?
Old 12-07-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by bareass
i just zip tie the link to the sway baar, it stays out of the way nicely
So just to clarify.... Zip tie the link to the swaybar, then do you zip tie the swaybar to the frame or some other point to keep it neutral?
I haven't tried actually doing this yet but when I look for good attachment points to the frame it seems like the driver side is the only side I may be able to run a zip tie....
I am trying to think of a way to make this... Quicker!!!! was debating on finding a location for an eye bolt so a bungee could hook right up.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

The teraflex hardware works great for me.....
Old 12-07-2009, 04:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tls001
The teraflex hardware works great for me.....
I would consider this if I knew I wasn't going to rub. Do you have any issues? I know it depends on backspacing, and I think my Procomp's have 4.5"... Do you think that would work?

Quick Reply: Pic request - sway bar disconnected