Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pic request - sway bar disconnected

Old 05-11-2009, 10:40 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic request - sway bar disconnected

I am re-posting this here since i did not get any pics over on the stock section of the forum.

Can someone please post how they tie their sawybar up and out of the way when it is disconnected from an X-model without the electric disconnect please?

Thanks
Old 05-11-2009, 11:24 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

get the teraflex disconnects. They pin the bar up out of the way. The pins just bolt to your front body mount bolts. It could not be any easier.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:29 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
get the teraflex disconnects. They pin the bar up out of the way. The pins just bolt to your front body mount bolts. It could not be any easier.
And, IIRC, you have some other brand of disconnect (JKS?). But, you can still buy the TF hardware for securing the sway bars out of the way. I'll let you search for that if interested--I think it's about $20-30. Here's what it looks like disconnected (you get that silver colored bracket near the middle of the image):

Old 05-11-2009, 12:26 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
And, IIRC, you have some other brand of disconnect (JKS?). But, you can still buy the TF hardware for securing the sway bars out of the way. I'll let you search for that if interested--I think it's about $20-30. Here's what it looks like disconnected (you get that silver colored bracket near the middle of the image):

Mark, do you have rubbing issues with the Swaybar swung up in that position with some extreme flexing & tight turns ???? Wouldn't you want the sway bar in neutral position and bungee the quick disco to the sway bar??? Just asking...newbie to the quick disco.

Mike
Old 12-06-2009, 11:57 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TripleJeep_99
Mark, do you have rubbing issues with the Swaybar swung up in that position with some extreme flexing & tight turns ???? Wouldn't you want the sway bar in neutral position and bungee the quick disco to the sway bar??? Just asking...newbie to the quick disco.

Mike
Bringing this alive again cause I have the same question as TripleJeep. I just got my JKS installed and I have been trying to figure out what to do with the swaybar. Thought about the TF brackets, bungee cords, etc... Just read threads with cons to both! I read one thread where a member said to only disconnect one side, as the SB would be disconnected but stay on a level plane. Dont remember anybody commenting on this so I wondered what the best option is.
Advice needed!!!
Thanks
Old 12-07-2009, 03:00 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

To answer an old question I must have missed: Yes, I do have light rubbing of my tire on the sway bar. Quite infrequently and very light; easy to live with.

As for leaving one side of the sway bar connected: I'm not the expert, but wouldn't that force the sway bar to move up and down as the axle that remains connected articulates? I would think that would be much worse (wearing rubber bushing out) then disconnecting it completely and securing it out of the way.
Old 12-07-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

i just zip tie the link to the sway baar, it stays out of the way nicely
Old 12-07-2009, 08:34 AM
JK Newbie

i bounced all over Rausch Creek with the JKS's center totaly out. the sway bar just pushed all the way up, it never moved.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by bigbluejk
you dont have a push button do you?
Old 12-07-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by bareass
i just zip tie the link to the sway baar, it stays out of the way nicely

Sway bar in neutral position????

Quick Reply: Pic request - sway bar disconnected