Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pic request- Rustoleum bed coating spray on factory fender flares/bumper

Old 09-13-2014, 10:16 AM
JK Junkie

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Chapman89
I didn't think about priming them first, probably not a bad idea though.

About the washing, dawn does work the best in my opinion. The dirt around here comes out easy enough.
Well im no pro at proper procedure but if it were me id light sand it then alcohol 2 coats of etching primer to really grab into the surface then couple of coats of bedliner u might be fine going right over the powder coat but id imagine it will chip away, you don't want to have to do things twice you know ? whats a day of prep and finish rather than quick spray and then have to remove it to fix it later
what is nice about it I if you scrape it its easy to light spray to blend it on repair easy fix

Last edited by jeepmojo; 09-13-2014 at 10:21 AM.

Quick Reply: pic request- Rustoleum bed coating spray on factory fender flares/bumper