Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pic request of OME lift on 2 door

Old 04-07-2008, 05:32 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pic request of OME lift on 2 door

My 295/70/16's (33.6") are sitting at the tire shop awaiting my lift install. David at Northridge said my lift should be here Tues or Wed of this week. This weekend I've made arrangements to use a local shop with lift/air to do my install, and I would like for my rig to set level when I'm done.

My concern is the amount of lift I get from the HD springs in the front and lack of sag in the rear softtop/factory rear bumper. I've got 1" TF front spacers I can use up front, but then I'm concerned about the possible drive shaft issues with over 3"'s of lift.

Would like to see some pics of 2 doors and please indicate which springs Medium/Heavy Duty and anything you did differently (i.e. add spacer, leave out OME spacer and put something else in etc...)

Thanks in advance.
Old 04-07-2008, 06:25 AM
JK Freak

I have the OME HD Kit, I did use the included spacer in the front. I definetly got more than 2'' of lift, I would guess at least 3 or 3.5'' I did not measure before or after, but it was quite a bit! I plan on putting on heavy f/r bumpers soon which will settle the lift down closer to advertised. I have 35's on it with plenty of room to spare.

Old 04-07-2008, 08:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Brdhoodlum thanks for the info/pic.
With your current setup do for see drive shaft issues?

Defiantely looks like you've plenty of clearance under neath and in the fenders.
Old 04-07-2008, 12:15 PM
JK Freak

Well im not really sure at the moment. I think if I aggresively wheeled it It would cause issues, but at the moment it will only be seeing light wheeling/streeting. Hopefully after the lift settles, and Heavy bumpers are added I can get away without replacing them. But if anyone can look at these pictures and tell me otherwise, let me know.

But I can do better than just talking about it, these are crappy cell phone pics:

Front Driveshaft Angle

Rear Driveshaft Front and Back

Old 04-07-2008, 03:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Brdhoodlum
Well im not really sure at the moment. I think if I aggresively wheeled it It would cause issues, but at the moment it will only be seeing light wheeling/streeting. Hopefully after the lift settles, and Heavy bumpers are added I can get away without replacing them. But if anyone can look at these pictures and tell me otherwise, let me know.

But I can do better than just talking about it, these are crappy cell phone pics:

Front Driveshaft Angle

Rear Driveshaft Front and Back

Thats pretty steep. I'm gonna say you will need new ones sooner or later. Of course I am coming from a TJ with 4inches of lift to a JK.
Old 04-08-2008, 11:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

anybody else running OME lift on 2 door JK?
Old 04-08-2008, 12:58 PM
JK Enthusiast

I am about to be. Talked to David at Northridge today, and he shipped mine out this afternoon. Hoping to get it installed this weekend. Will post pics after completion.
Old 04-08-2008, 01:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Got my lift yesterday and track bars today. Hopefully I can find an extra pair of hands and get mine installed this weekend as well. I'll post pics when I'm done.

Unless someone else chimes in I think I'm going to initially try using my 1" TF spacers up front instead of the 1/2" that come with the OME lift.
Old 04-09-2008, 06:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I will have to take some pics of my friends 2dr Rubi JK. We put an 2" OME Lift on her Jeep Monday night. Looks good. 35's went on tuesday. She is tickled to death with it.

She bought the lift from Dave at Northridge 4x4. Dave is THE MAN.

Questions? Shoot me a pm....or ask them hear.

BTW...we did not use the spacers as Dave was out of them and I didn't have any problems......
Old 04-09-2008, 06:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

How long did the install take? I've seen anywhere from 2 - 8 hours...lol. Also did you install adj track bars?

Quick Reply: Pic request of OME lift on 2 door