Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Performance Modules/ Programmers

Old 01-07-2014, 11:48 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Modules/ Programmers

less than a month ago I purchased a 2014 JK unlimited and within 2 weeks I installed a 2.5 inch Rubicon Express lift on 305 70 17 Nitto Terra Grapplers. One thing I noticed before I installed the lift is that the jeep shifts gear at a high RPM I know there are modules out there to fix this. What are others doing out there for RPMs and improving MPGs? Also I need to correct the speedometer it is off by 3 mph now. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 01-07-2014, 12:13 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

not sure if its 2014 capable yet but check out the superchips flashpaq. i have run this tuner on 2 jeeps with noticeable improvements. it will coreect your shiftpoints, speedometer, has several different performance tunes you can run and many other features. The procal is nice also and half the cost of the flashpaq however it is just a programmer it does not have any performance tunes so you get what you pay for
Old 01-07-2014, 12:25 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Monte417
not sure if its 2014 capable yet but check out the superchips flashpaq. i have run this tuner on 2 jeeps with noticeable improvements. it will coreect your shiftpoints, speedometer, has several different performance tunes you can run and many other features. The procal is nice also and half the cost of the flashpaq however it is just a programmer it does not have any performance tunes so you get what you pay for

Thank you, I have also seen a lot on the Jet Performance Module, but can not find any reviews. I will look more closely in to the flashpaq
Old 01-07-2014, 02:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Scootlong
Thank you, I have also seen a lot on the Jet Performance Module, but can not find any reviews. I will look more closely in to the flashpaq
Stay away from the Jet chip. You need something that will allow you to adjust tire size etc.
Old 01-07-2014, 02:54 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jtphoto JK
Stay away from the Jet chip. You need something that will allow you to adjust tire size etc.
Thanks I am sticking with Superchip. I was on a chat with Quadratec and they reccomended the Flashcal any luck with this they say it can program my shift points but it does not say anything about that on the description. Flashpaq or flashcal?
Old 01-07-2014, 03:00 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Scootlong
Thanks I am sticking with Superchip. I was on a chat with Quadratec and they reccomended the Flashcal any luck with this they say it can program my shift points but it does not say anything about that on the description. Flashpaq or flashcal?
Flashpaq I know can modify shift points and a ton of other stuff I don't mess with. Flashpaq is the better of the 2

Quick Reply: Performance Modules/ Programmers