Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition Kit

Old 10-20-2011, 07:08 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition Kit

Does anyone have the Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition Kit? I've been thinking about doing this upgrade to get a more complete burn but I also dont want to burn a hole through my pistons by running hotter. They seem to be a good company and their product looks like it would work. I am just hoping someone has some sort of experience with this type of upgrade and how it does in the long term.
Old 10-20-2011, 10:52 AM
JK Newbie

No one has this or know anything about it?
Old 10-20-2011, 11:24 AM
JK Freak

I've been running it for about a year - better idle, smoother acceleration, gained a couple of mpg's using Superchips 91 tune. 93 tune runs great but not as good of mileage.

It's doesn't run hotter, the coil produces more efficient energy to allow a wider gap on the plugs.

you use the same heat range plugs and gap them wider - wider gap burns the fuel more efficiently.

The higher octane burns slower so you get better combustion which = better performance, no ping.

Using SuperChips 91 tune - before performance distributor, 12 mpg with 4.10's and 35's, after 14mpg freeway performance was also better.

Just replaced gears 4.88's now getting 16.5 around town and 21 on freeway @ 70mph - hand calculated not the system avg.
Old 10-21-2011, 07:26 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks a lot. Hopefully I will be doing this upgrade for christmas.

Quick Reply: Performance Distributors Firepower Ignition Kit