Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

perferred sliders

Old 12-15-2009, 08:13 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have just put the PJ rails on and let me tell you they are solid. Look great and make a great step if you have a handle and put your foot on them as you hop in. Best looking on the market IMO, price is high, yes but they are nice and will last. They take a beating also.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:51 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HarryHood1
My wife likes the PJ sliders but might be out of our price range. Looks like shrockworks might be our bet. Any body have a picture looking down the rail so i could see how far they stick out

My little girl and wife thats 5'3 love them, I was lucky to find them on craigslist in the box for a $150 and they are stout

Old 12-15-2009, 11:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

I love my fabfours but they are expensive
Old 12-15-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

I have the Rancho Door Sliders and I really like them. They are expensive, but they are extremely sturdy and will take some serious abuse.

http://www.gorancho.com/rockgear/doorsliders.php
Old 12-16-2009, 03:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered the EVO weld on sliders. I have not gotten them yet, shipped Monday, but will post up pics and let everyone know how they are when I get them on.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just curious I know you can use a high lift jack on frame mounted sliders but not sure about the Pure Jeep body mount sliders. I had Poison spider sliders on my TJ and they were body mounted. I beat the crap out of them on the rocks and used a high lift on them and never saw and problems.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:36 PM
JK Jedi Master

Originally Posted by HarryHood1
Just curious I know you can use a high lift jack on frame mounted sliders but not sure about the Pure Jeep body mount sliders. I had Poison spider sliders on my TJ and they were body mounted. I beat the crap out of them on the rocks and used a high lift on them and never saw and problems.
you can use a highlift no problems on the PureJeep.

I've used the tubes all the time for a lifting point. It'll hold. I came down with the full weight of the jeep on the step more than once.

theses rockers are made for abuse
Old 12-16-2009, 09:30 PM
JK Junkie

Have the shrockworks and like them. Major issues in getting them..... If i had to do it again I would have gone with the EVO's. They look badass and the price is awesome!
Old 12-17-2009, 07:17 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Add another one for Shrockworks. Let me tell you why: I see that you have a Rubi. Call Shrockworks up directly to place your order and tell them what you have (Rubi, lift, etc). They can fabricated the rails to keep the Rubi rail in place. It makes a very clean looking installation. Otherwise, you may have to take off that rail and expose the pinch seam--it's okay, but it looks tons better the other way. PM TORN, who did this, and ask him for a pic of his rig. Also, TORN added no-slip strips to his Shrockworks rail to keep it from being slippery (it is). The down side is that every time I ride in his Rubi and I step past the rail to step out, I skin up the backside of my leg (when wearing shorts, that is). LOL.

Shrockworks: I never recommend Shrockworks without telling the down side. They will charge your credit card immediately upon receiving your order. It may take them a few months to deliver your product, even if they say two weeks. Be prepared for this, and please don't come back here complaining when it does happen. Screamin' Lizard may be able to provide Shrockworks products faster, but I don't know if they can get the custom fab job for you.
According to Jim at Shrockworks, installing their sliders fabricated to be installed with the stock Rubi rails in place reduces your clearance by about 1.5". You'll also be carrying the additional weight of the stock Rubi rails, which will no longer serve a purpose, except for maybe looks.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:29 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by 08leocon
I vote LOD with grab handles you can use them as a step alot better than most and are frame mounted
X2 for the LOD, my wife likes them a lot because of the step, I like them because they're frame mounted, look awesome and I have proven they're tough on the rocks.

Quick Reply: perferred sliders