Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

perferred sliders

Old 12-14-2009, 06:59 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cojk
I went with Shrockworks, very durable. My wife is kind of short and uses them fine as a step.
are you on a 4" + lift like this guy?
Old 12-14-2009, 07:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Rock hard sliders rule!
Old 12-14-2009, 07:13 PM
JK Freak

MBRP for me!

Sorry haven't wacked them yet.
Old 12-14-2009, 08:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

i do have 4" tera spings. Was hoping to down size them to the 3" soon though
Old 12-14-2009, 08:45 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Piginajeep
are you on a 4" + lift like this guy?
I have the OME HD lift so closer to 3" lift.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:06 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 361 Likes on 269 Posts

Add another one for Shrockworks. Let me tell you why: I see that you have a Rubi. Call Shrockworks up directly to place your order and tell them what you have (Rubi, lift, etc). They can fabricated the rails to keep the Rubi rail in place. It makes a very clean looking installation. Otherwise, you may have to take off that rail and expose the pinch seam--it's okay, but it looks tons better the other way. PM TORN, who did this, and ask him for a pic of his rig. Also, TORN added no-slip strips to his Shrockworks rail to keep it from being slippery (it is). The down side is that every time I ride in his Rubi and I step past the rail to step out, I skin up the backside of my leg (when wearing shorts, that is). LOL.

Shrockworks: I never recommend Shrockworks without telling the down side. They will charge your credit card immediately upon receiving your order. It may take them a few months to deliver your product, even if they say two weeks. Be prepared for this, and please don't come back here complaining when it does happen. Screamin' Lizard may be able to provide Shrockworks products faster, but I don't know if they can get the custom fab job for you.
Old 12-15-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ordered the LOD's since they can be used more as a step than the Shrockworks. From what people say, both are virtually indestructible so it comes down to your preference on look, ability to use as a side step and the wait time. I ordered my LOD's from Northridge4X4 using their holiday discount going on right now and I believe the wait time is about 4 to 6 weeks. The shrockworks may have a much longer wait time.

I do like the fact that the Shrocks can be built so those of us with Rubi's can keep our stock rock rails. I am unsure (as was the guy from LOD that I spoke to) if I can keep my stock ones on with the LOD's but worst case is my brother in law gets my stock ones for his Sahara now that he destroyed his plastic side steps!
Old 12-15-2009, 05:48 AM
JK Super Freak

I just ordered EVO's rocker guards. Look into them they are a solid design and look to take a beating. Only downside is they need to be welded to frame.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:02 AM
JK Enthusiast

The Teraflex do have a surface to step on. That is what I have.
Old 12-15-2009, 08:08 AM
JK Super Freak

I've had the shrockworks and the pj. Nothing is stouter or better made than the shrock products. They work good as steps, but they do take forever. They conflict with several long arm mounts, so I switched to the purejeep. Better as a step, because it is flat across the door jamb. Horrendous install. Finish is nearly as good, and supports my weight and the weight of the jeep well.

Quick Reply: perferred sliders