Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

People who have 37s does ur jeep drive stright???

Old 11-11-2013, 06:53 AM
Former Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
Up date, found part of the problem I think at least a vibration.. The rock Krawler drag link, when it got adjusted the alignment people never bother to re tighten the collar so it was moving up and down slightly, took the drive side control arm in 1 turn, and took the tie rod off painting it re aligning my self then gonna see how it drives
Make sure the split on the clamps is aligned with the clamp itself so when its tightened it actually clamps down....I've had to address this 4 times for other people's lifts in the last month or so-...whoever I stalls doesn't make sure the cuts are aligned.
Old 11-11-2013, 07:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
Put back on the rock Krawler tie rod, still pulls to the right but not as bad as befor, but death wooble is gone, it had something to do with the synergy tie rod, and to be honest I don't think I am gonna put it back on my jeep cuz I almost died, never been so scared ever, that was the only thing I changed. So I have no clue, might try adjusting my caster in more on the drive side but be sides that I am at a loss
It is very likely that the threads on the adjustment collar were severely damaged from driving with the clamp loosened. It happens with tie rod ends and adjustable trackbar bushings all the time. The play will wear down the threads leading to a permanently loose connection.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:35 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are tight and lined up. I did measure my tie rod, one side is about 2 turns driference.

So I measure the amount of tread on both sides of my rock Krawler tie rod. The passanger was 5/8th of an inch the drive is 1/2 of an in. So the difference is about 1 turn. Do both sides on the tie rod have to be even??? Will that cause it to steer one way over the other?

Quick Reply: People who have 37s does ur jeep drive stright???