Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

People who have 37s does ur jeep drive stright???

Old 11-10-2013, 10:07 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Up date, found part of the problem I think at least a vibration.. The rock Krawler drag link, when it got adjusted the alignment people never bother to re tighten the collar so it was moving up and down slightly, took the drive side control arm in 1 turn, and took the tie rod off painting it re aligning my self then gonna see how it drives
Old 11-10-2013, 07:48 PM
JK Freak

Just experienced major death wooble, screw the synergy tie rod, going back to rock Krawler.
Old 11-11-2013, 04:50 AM
JK Forum Regional Rep

Our's runs straight,tire pressure 26psi.Only problem we had was will not steer while aired down and at idle but that's a different subject
Old 11-11-2013, 05:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm on my second set of 25x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR Kevlars, same issue for me. It's been aligned by 2 dealers, nobody can figure it out. Add that to the crowning on the roads in FL, and letting go of the steering wheel is a risky proposition!

Could be the tires, could be the one extended bumpstop that's jammed sideways in my front spring...
Old 11-11-2013, 05:35 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
Just experienced major death wooble, screw the synergy tie rod, going back to rock Krawler.
The Synergy tie rod would not be the cause of major DW.

Have you read the first few posts and watched the videos in my DW Diagnosis Write-Up thread?
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 AM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Capndik
I'm on my second set of 25x12.5/17 Goodyear MTR Kevlars, same issue for me. It's been aligned by 2 dealers, nobody can figure it out. Add that to the crowning on the roads in FL, and letting go of the steering wheel is a risky proposition! Could be the tires, could be the one extended bumpstop that's jammed sideways in my front spring...
Have you borrowed a set of wheels/tires to run for a day to see if it goes away?

Re-inserting the TF front extended bumpstop is easy. Disconnect the swaybar, flex the suspension so that particular spring is drooped/unloaded, then use a lever of some kind (crowbar, shovel, etc.) to help push it back in. It helps if you apply a little grease to the top of the bumpstop to make it easier to slide in.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:35 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Up date, found part of the problem I think at least a vibration.. The rock Krawler drag link, when it got adjusted the alignment people never bother to re tighten the collar so it was moving up and down slightly, took the drive side control arm in 1 turn, and took the tie rod off painting it re aligning my self then gonna see how it drives
if they didn't tighten the collar on your drag link maybe they didn't tighten something else. Check the bolts on your track bar.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:47 AM
JK Freak

Went threw everything, everything els was tight.
Old 11-11-2013, 06:48 AM
JK Freak

Put back on the rock Krawler tie rod, still pulls to the right but not as bad as befor, but death wooble is gone, it had something to do with the synergy tie rod, and to be honest I don't think I am gonna put it back on my jeep cuz I almost died, never been so scared ever, that was the only thing I changed. So I have no clue, might try adjusting my caster in more on the drive side but be sides that I am at a loss
Old 11-11-2013, 06:49 AM
JK Freak

Bolts on my track bar are fine I up graded them to a 9/16 and grade 8 and they are torked to 150 foot pounds

Quick Reply: People who have 37s does ur jeep drive stright???