Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

People who have 37s does ur jeep drive stright???

Old 11-09-2013, 02:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default People who have 37s does ur jeep drive stright???

Hey all, I have been fighting my jeep for the past few week. Finally moved up to 37s and now my jeep won't drive stright. As soon as I let go of the wheel just pulls to the right hard core. I have had a few alignments, tire balanced and rotated. Idk what els to do. I switched from my rock Krawler tie rod to a synergy tie rod in the hope it could he aligned better no luck. Also have Reid knuckles and synergy ball joints. But I am honestly at a loss. I know a few of u will say its a jeep thing. Well this is pretty bad to the point where I can't even take my hand off the steering wheel.

Any one have any problems or tips for getting it aligned.

I already tried the jk front end alignment write up.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

did you try rotating the tires and see if still doing it ? low tire psi
Old 11-09-2013, 02:22 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

You had it aligned several times? What were the specs?

If it isn't a tire issue, you might try messing with the toe, and maybe the caster.

Which steering stabilizer are you running?
Old 11-09-2013, 02:34 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It might be radial pull. I'm on my second set of toyo's and they both have pulled to the right. the 35's pulled harder than the 37's do. Google radial pull toyo mt and you'll get a ton of hits about tires pulling to the right.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine drives as straight as an arrow. It could be the stabilizer if it's gas charged or possibly you need to adjust your control arms.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:43 PM
JK Freak

I have tired rotating a few times, still same thing. And tire pressure is fine. Idk could radial pull happen even after u rotated??? Or is it in a the tires.

At the moment no steering stabilizer . Been pulling for a while I figured it was because no one could set the toe back to stock cuz rock krawlers tire rod isn't very easy to adjust. So I bought a synergy and put it on took it to get aligned and they got the total toe to .20 which is factory. But after that it started pulling like crazy. I went and tires to so the basic front end alignment and fix it a bit but still pulls to the right will post alignment specs when I get to my computer.

With the rock Krawler tie rod I was running a fox steering stabliZer
Old 11-09-2013, 02:46 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's something in the tread pattern on the toyo's. I've done 5 tire rotations, had the stock stabilizer then a teraflex stabilizer, then no stabilizer. It has always pulled right.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:49 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Originally Posted by zero_traction69
So I bought a synergy and put it on took it to get aligned and they got the total toe to .20 which is factory. But after that it started pulling like crazy. I went and tires to so the basic front end alignment and fix it a bit but still pulls to the right will post alignment specs when I get to my computer.
Kinda lost me there, but, they adjusted Toe --> and it started pulling right like crazy? Doesn't that point you in the direction of a Toe issue? Open the DIY alignment writeup (up in the writeups area, there is an index at the top) and do some experimenting.
Old 11-09-2013, 02:54 PM
Forum Tech Advisor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

As said above, Toyo MTs pull right.

If you are running 37" Toyo MTs, try 26 psi in all tires but the passenger front tire. Run 28 psi in the passenger front so that it has less drag on it.

Another option is a gas charged steering stabilizer. It will push the tie rod to the driver side.

Stock spec is to run cross caster. You can push this a little bit. Try 4.3 degrees on the driver side and 4.5 degrees caster on the passenger side.
Old 11-09-2013, 03:24 PM
JK Freak

Will that cause my tires to wear funny? Or anything??

Quick Reply: People who have 37s does ur jeep drive stright???