Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

pc Xtreme mt or DC mud country??

Old 06-03-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default pc Xtreme mt or DC mud country??

hey everyone... quick ? what would everyone recommend... the pro comp xtreme mt or the dick cepek mud country tire? pros cons of each would be great. i ran the pro comp xtreme at on my last truck and they were great tires for an at. i would run them again except i would prefer to not go with a directional tread pattern. i know the cepeks run about 80lbs a piece and i don't know about the pro comps. i do about 70% pavement 30% off road. looking to get about 40,000 miles out of these. looking at the 35's on each tire. any info or experiences would be greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:45 PM
JK Freak

Glad you asked.

I just put the new Xtreme M/T's (the ones wayoflife has) on my jeep.

It's not a directional tread pattern.

They are not that heavy. In fact I don't even notice a difference except for a very slight howl from the lugs on the road.. and it's not that loud.

Fantastic in mud too.
Old 06-03-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Newbie

thanks Laughingstok... i know the mt's are not directional... the at's i had were. that is what is keepin me from getting them. no 5 wheel rotation if u choose to, and if u get a flat, hopefully the tire is mounted in the right direction... lol i know these r picky reasons to not get a tire that i liked, but i would rather the mt anyway. thanks for the reply again. the info is really appreciated.

Quick Reply: pc Xtreme mt or DC mud country??