Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pathetic 0-60 time...

Old 08-13-2011, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
TO be honest, its behind us too - but we're not making race Jeeps, we're correcting the only flaw - drivability - We all have a lot of fun building our Jeeps up and then they become a little less fun to drive.. As a result it frustrates us and we seek more. We are definitely not stretching the JK's power to the very limit, in fact we take great pride in having the most reliable kit out there..

This video really demonstrates the difference in drivability
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIfMc13Kts&feature=related You got to admit the meatier torque right off idle would be useful on and off road?

RIPPTECH
First off Im loving those numbers with only running 6 lbs of boost on the 3.8! Im definitely gonna be looking into this after I build the Jeep up first!

Originally Posted by Bauker
Uh, I do - that's why I asked the question. It's embarrassing when people are swerving to get around you at stop lights because you're slow, not to mention trying to get up to speed on the freeway. Like I said, I drive this thing everyday. Maybe putting 35s on it wasn't a good idea but it's what I wanted. I would just like the drivability of the jeep back when it was stock and I know I can't be alone on this.
You are not alone my friend! Im still on stock Rubi tires and feel your pain trying to pull onto the freeway... I mean I didnt think it was that slow but im constantly being passed at traffic lights too. I swear now that I have a front bumper, rear bumper with tire carrier, rock sliders, and body armor this thing has become a dog. I know it was faster when I was running everything stock lifted with 35 MTRs and still tuned with a Hypertech. I dont think its the tires as much as all this weight. This is why I plan to go the RippTech way. Not to go fast but to be able to keep up with traffic. One thing that did make my Jeep fast was running 5.13s with stock Rubi tires but come on now we all know thats not practical...
Old 08-13-2011, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

A 7.0 liter hemi would fix this problem a little bit if you could afford to shell out the extra cash
Old 08-13-2011, 11:18 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vinson Clark
A 7.0 liter hemi would fix this problem a little bit if you could afford to shell out the extra cash
Haha, so would a small jet engine....
Old 08-13-2011, 11:37 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HG07JKRubi
x2...are you building a race car or a rock crawler ??? I don't understand when people lift their Jeeps, add large off road tires and heavy equipments/armor and complain about 0-60 times ...
At some point I think it becomes a safety concern when you can't mash the throttle and get the thing to move. Doesn't need to be a rocket, just needs to move and hopefully at a 0-60 rate better than 10 seconds.

As for my JK, I went from 9.84 to 9.14 seconds with the addition of the SC Flashpaq. The difference is about the same as spotting someone their reaction time from rear ending you when you get the pig on the highway.

Then of course you have off road activities where wheel speed is important, such as mud or sand where the additional power helps.

Never bought the thing to be a race car but won't kid myself by saying it's a Jeep and I'm content with it being underpowered.
Old 08-13-2011, 11:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS
Or the headers – everyone sleeps on those, but our long tubes and the free Diablo Tune we provide is killer:

This we couldn't agree more with -

RIPPTECH

You say in the video that he was an existing customer, what were his horsepower and torque prior to the header upgrade? Is the Diablo Tune compatible with the Superchips? Or will it do all that the Superchips can do and more?
Old 08-15-2011, 09:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
I can't believe we are discussing 0-60 in our jeeps... let's lower it, put on some 22's and ground effects... With that being said, if we are discussing performance to better help on the trails, then yes, it's a reasonable thread IMO. !
I can’t stand people like you that feel the need to post nonsense like this in a forum used to share useful information. You talk as if you know how everyone uses or should use there jeeps. How much weight have they added to the jeep, what gears do they have, do they tow something, do they have a family that takes trips in there jeep, the list is endless!
Since i care about 0-60 times does that mean i have a mall crawler or i am going to lower it and put 20's on it? You are a retard!
I have close to $15K in quality modifications all of which I did except gears and the rhino lining. I travel to In, Mi, Tenn, KY and Co to wheel my jeep! When I play in the rocks or trail ride I don’t need a dimes worth of extra power, I have 5.38 gears and rubi t case. That thing will literally climb up a vertical wall!
So why do i care about 0-60 times? Because i play in the sand and horsepower is fun and useful in the sand. Because i tow a ski boat and have added a lot of weight to my jeep. Because 0-60 times are a good way for people to measure and hopefully justify the modifications we make to improve drivability while doing the things we do with our jeeps. We can then share that information with people and say hey don’t get that cold air intake it did not do shit for my 0-60time or hey try this it knocked off 2 seconds on my 0-60. Do you think we race around the neighborhood looking to catch lights with other cars so we can race?
Anyways with the way my rig sits I run 13.3 average 0-60 times. Superchips 93 tune took it down to 12.3 and 5.38 gears took it down to 10.8. I have auto.
Old 08-15-2011, 09:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ARM2004

I can’t stand people like you that feel the need to post nonsense like this in a forum used to share useful information. You talk as if you know how everyone uses or should use there jeeps. How much weight have they added to the jeep, what gears do they have, do they tow something, do they have a family that takes trips in there jeep, the list is endless!
Since i care about 0-60 times does that mean i have a mall crawler or i am going to lower it and put 20's on it? You are a retard!
I have close to $15K in quality modifications all of which I did except gears and the rhino lining. I travel to In, Mi, Tenn, KY and Co to wheel my jeep! When I play in the rocks or trail ride I don’t need a dimes worth of extra power, I have 5.38 gears and rubi t case. That thing will literally climb up a vertical wall!
So why do i care about 0-60 times? Because i play in the sand and horsepower is fun and useful in the sand. Because i tow a ski boat and have added a lot of weight to my jeep. Because 0-60 times are a good way for people to measure and hopefully justify the modifications we make to improve drivability while doing the things we do with our jeeps. We can then share that information with people and say hey don’t get that cold air intake it did not do shit for my 0-60time or hey try this it knocked off 2 seconds on my 0-60. Do you think we race around the neighborhood looking to catch lights with other cars so we can race?
Anyways with the way my rig sits I run 13.3 average 0-60 times. Superchips 93 tune took it down to 12.3 and 5.38 gears took it down to 10.8. I have auto.
If you can't stand people like me or the stuff I write, then don't read or respond to it. Here is a tip, read the rest of my posts instead of just one and the punch yourself for being a disgruntle jackass!
Old 08-15-2011, 09:46 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tight_wad
You say in the video that he was an existing customer, what were his horsepower and torque prior to the header upgrade? Is the Diablo Tune compatible with the Superchips? Or will it do all that the Superchips can do and more?
We had no before on this particular JK - He bought the headers and installed them himself - then brought it to us for the diablo custom tune... Typically JK's set up like his will produce 130ish whp and 150ish ft/lbs or trq.

The tune is only available through the Diablo sport predator - we provide the tune for free with purchase.

RIPPTECH
Old 08-15-2011, 12:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Why is it when someone here talks about speed or 0-60 people get so upset?

The truth is probably 95% of people use a jeep as a daily driver. Very few can afford one just for off road use.

So in reality those asking about speed are justified. It would be a kin to someone saying "my jeep keeps getting stuck" then people saying "why are you going off road with it?".

Both uses are valid and it's Chrysler that's not forward thinking enough to put enough power in a multipurpose vehicle. IMO
Old 08-15-2011, 07:01 PM
JK Freak

Cool

Why!?! So we don't get killed when we pull out into traffic...

When I drive our JK I have to put on a different mind set... performance is off road! not on road

I would like it to have "some" kind of performance on the freeway but my automatic is a dog even with a Superchips tuner & 31's. In town it's okay and has enough pep to merge into traffic just fine, on the freeway... completely different story I prefer to laugh instead of cry regarding freeway performance, let alone climb a hill on the freeway. It's a shame I have to put on the "slow" mindset when I drive the JK. I'm a "Drive American" dude, but when a Toyota FJ or 4 Runner can spank me in both performance and mileage... all I can say is damn this sucks.... and then I get in and drive this JK off road and there is peace in the world
My daily driver is a 2004 Mercury Marauder and pleasure is a 69 Mach1 so I do have my performance and love it.

2 cents of rambling from the peanut gallery...

Time for a beer

Originally Posted by dinojeep
Why do we care about 0-60 times in jks?

Quick Reply: Pathetic 0-60 time...