Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Pathetic 0-60 time...

Old 08-11-2011, 12:55 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
Also, if you can afford a RIPP supercharger then by all means go for it.. I know if I had the 5K to do so, I'd be running one.... And may even test a little light to light action!
See for me I'd rather dump that money into a sick axle. IMO there is more to be had by changing the axle, vs a supercharger.
I know I'd rather have dana 60's in an x, vs a rubi with a supercharger......
Old 08-11-2011, 01:04 PM
JK Freak

i use my 1988 yamaha vmax to work out my 0-60mph ... 2.4
Old 08-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Battlefrog
You changed it up a bit from the original post... There is a big difference in wanting to go from 0-60 opposed to a passing gear or allowing you to maintain speeds of 75 mph and higher... For about 3K less, you could re-gear to 4.88-5.13's and achieve the same thing for highway speeds....
We don;t mean to be argumentative - we're simply following the dynamic of the conversation...

There is absolutely no comparison to the drivability of a JK with a supercharger vs one with just gears and NA... With the blower the JK is just more user friendly - it gives you the confidence to drive it without planing 2 miles ahead. Also, don't take for granted all the trans shift points and throttle response we tuned in as well, not to mention the 4WD mapping which is way more control. Its not for everyone, but don't mistake the gears as an "on par" mod to the supercharger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjxcgPpdsyk
Old 08-11-2011, 01:14 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RIPPMODS

We don;t mean to be argumentative - we're simply following the dynamic of the conversation...

There is absolutely no comparison to the drivability of a JK with a supercharger vs one with just gears and NA... With the blower the JK is just more user friendly - it gives you the confidence to drive it without planing 2 miles ahead. Also, don't take for granted all the trans shift points and throttle response we tuned in as well, not to mention the 4WD mapping which is way more control. Its not for everyone, but don't mistake the gears as an "on par" mod to the supercharger.

YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZjxcgPpdsyk
Agreed, I def enjoyed that episode of extreme 4x4 RIPP -vs- hemi.. I do like the fact of the tuneable feature. I know the gears won't pan out to the performance of a supercharger as well, it's more of a way to say I'm to poor for a RIPP... Haha Now, if your willing to donate or need a JKU for an upcoming project.....
Old 08-11-2011, 01:33 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Conagher1851
oh man this thread is great. i used to restore and hotrod 0-60 cars form the 60-70's. i have no idea what my jeep would get, but ive retired that chapter of driving.

TO be honest, its behind us too - but we're not making race Jeeps, we're correcting the only flaw - drivability - We all have a lot of fun building our Jeeps up and then they become a little less fun to drive.. As a result it frustrates us and we seek more. We are definitely not stretching the JK's power to the very limit, in fact we take great pride in having the most reliable kit out there..

This video really demonstrates the difference in drivability
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBIfMc13Kts&feature=related You got to admit the meatier torque right off idle would be useful on and off road?

RIPPTECH
Old 08-11-2011, 01:57 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why do we care about 0-60 times in jks?
Old 08-11-2011, 03:01 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uh, I do - that's why I asked the question. It's embarrassing when people are swerving to get around you at stop lights because you're slow, not to mention trying to get up to speed on the freeway. Like I said, I drive this thing everyday. Maybe putting 35s on it wasn't a good idea but it's what I wanted. I would just like the drivability of the jeep back when it was stock and I know I can't be alone on this.
Old 08-11-2011, 03:30 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Bauker
Uh, I do - that's why I asked the question. It's embarrassing when people are swerving to get around you at stop lights because you're slow, not to mention trying to get up to speed on the freeway. Like I said, I drive this thing everyday. Maybe putting 35s on it wasn't a good idea but it's what I wanted. I would just like the drivability of the jeep back when it was stock and I know I can't be alone on this.
Your def not alone, we are just giving you a hard time, but in good fun. If your not willing or cannot afford the RIPP, I would highly suggest a re-gear and a superchips... I even noticed a difference with my custom snorkel/CAI....
Old 08-11-2011, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Sounds like you need a regear to get some of that power back, especially if you're talking about the grapevine.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:08 PM
JK Junkie

I stopped caring about 0-60 since my last WRX. That thing was FAST. 0-60 in 4.2 seconds. But the real magic was the highway.

This is a 30-80 dash on a bad clutch.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yscgoGL3R5w

EDIT: if you want to hear it, use good speakers and woofer!

Quick Reply: Pathetic 0-60 time...