Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Passenger side lean - how much?

Old 05-27-2011, 06:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Passenger side lean - how much?

I know this has been talked about before and that it appear normal to have that right lean due to gas tank. But how much are we talking about?
What seems excessive?

I have a TF leveling kit w/ 1/2" front spring spacers. Also now have a Rock Hard bumper with tube extensions.
Springs are seated and everything is torques after setting on the ground, I now have a 1/2" to 3/4" lean in front, about 1/4" in the back.

Are Teraflex coils side specific? I don't believe they are.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Noticed this is more common on the 4 doors. I have no lean at all on my passenger side.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Really common on all jk's . It'll be more pronounced on a lifted jk that doesn't have the axles centered.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's not really obvious from the front unless you know to look, and even then you can fool yourself into seeing it or not seeing it.

It's much more obvious when you stand back and look at the drivers side wheel dwell and then immediately go and look at the passenger side.

I suppose I am being too picky, but this is my first do-it-yourself job so I am extra sensitive.

I suspect the heavy bumper magnified the difference.
Old 05-27-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you have adjustable swaybar links adjust your passenger side links longer and it should reduce the lean.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Has anyone added a second or thicker coil spacer to the front and/or rear passenger side to level it out side to side? Something about that messes with my sense of symmetry, much like having the d30 up front bugs me.
Old 05-27-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 170 Likes on 145 Posts

Originally Posted by GeoJeep33
I know this has been talked about before and that it appear normal to have that right lean due to gas tank. But how much are we talking about?
What seems excessive?

I have a TF leveling kit w/ 1/2" front spring spacers. Also now have a Rock Hard bumper with tube extensions.
Springs are seated and everything is torques after setting on the ground, I now have a 1/2" to 3/4" lean in front, about 1/4" in the back.

Are Teraflex coils side specific? I don't believe they are.
Mine has a gas tank, and it doesn't lean.
In fact, when I weighed it with four scales, each right scale read the same as the corresponding left scale.

Quick Reply: Passenger side lean - how much?