Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Passenger side of Jeep higher then drivers after lift

Old 07-26-2011, 01:11 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One option is to get some adjustable sway bar links, and set the drivers side longer than the passenger. Itll level you out
Old 07-26-2011, 02:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Well if I can rule that I don't have an actual problem then that is a possibility. Just don't want to 'fix' it by masking a possible underlying problem somewhere until something goes "crack/break/pow" and turns out ooooh, that *instert part here* was the problem
Old 07-26-2011, 02:35 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

When you installed the kit, did you loosen up all your control arms?
Old 07-27-2011, 07:15 AM
JK Super Freak

It's nice to see vendors on here, thanks for taking the time to help.

Now, where the control arm attaches to the frame? I did not loosen that at all.

I followed these instructions:
http://project-jk.com/jeep-jk-write-...ation-write-up

Only difference would be that I got replacement shocks instead of the extenders.

In the front if memory serves right... for the front I removed the sway bar links, removed the shocks, bump stops, springs and disconnected the passenger side of the track bar.

For the rear I removed the shocks, sway bar links, bump stops, springs, ebrake cable bracket to bottom of tub, brake line brackets and driver side of the rear track bar.

The axles were able to drop literally to the floor (mindful of the brake lines) so I didn't think of loosening the control arms as it wasen't on that write up and the axle was as free as could be.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=Vladimer;2429287]It's nice to see vendors on here, thanks for taking the time to help.

To Joe's point above...your bushings might be pinched. You might want to loosen all of your contol arms and get on your jeep and bounce it around a little, then retighten. I know that wasn't a technical description, but you get what I am sayin'.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:41 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

[QUOTE=JEP THNG;2429318]
Originally Posted by Vladimer
It's nice to see vendors on here, thanks for taking the time to help.

To Joe's point above...your bushings might be pinched. You might want to loosen all of your contol arms and get on your jeep and bounce it around a little, then retighten. I know that wasn't a technical description, but you get what I am sayin'.
Thanks, glad to be here. It's always good to loosen up the control arm to prevent the bushing becoming preloaded/bound up. Loosen them up and rock your JK side to side and bounce on the bumpers a few times.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Alright thanks guys, I'll give it a shot and report back.
Old 07-27-2011, 08:09 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting.. I have the same Teraflex 2.5" BB lift kit but with extenders. I've had this for about 6 weeks now and it was professionally installed. I have always thought mine was lower on the driver's side as well but keep chalking it up to my eyes deceiving me / perception issues based on my surroundings. That said, after seeing this thread, I guess it's time to bring out the measuring tape.

I'm also hearing a "metal to metal knocking" type sound coming from the RF side of the vehicle when hitting small-mid bumps. I may need to go back to the installer here in GA to see what they say. I'm getting the feeling that something may be loose or perhaps not seated properly. We'll see.

Quick Reply: Passenger side of Jeep higher then drivers after lift