Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Passenger side of Jeep higher then drivers after lift

Old 07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Passenger side of Jeep higher then drivers after lift

Hi everyone,

I installed the 2.5" teraflex BB with shocks and spacers on my '08 rubi following the instructions on project JK.

I've noticed that the passenger side of the Jeep sites higher then the drivers side and it looks like its a little slanted.

Is there anything that I need to add or fix to flatten the stance out a bit?
Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Make sure your rear springs are lined up the same ... end of top coil pointing forward. Make sure your front springs are fully seated in the lower perch.

Drive it around and wheel it a little and see if it settles ...
Old 07-26-2011, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

I'll check the orientation of the springs, I installed it about 8 days ago and have done a lot of driving since so would think they would of settled by now.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:43 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fill your tank with gas and see if that makes a difference.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Gas tank is about 3/4 full at the moment.

I just measured it and on the front the passenger side is about 3/4" higher then the drivers and in the rear the passenger side is about 1" higher then the driver side.

I found a couple topics on the search but they were mostly about the passenger side being lower, not higher then the drivers
Old 07-26-2011, 09:00 AM
JK Junkie

how much do you weigh?
Old 07-26-2011, 09:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Not even close to sagging my springs, about 140lbs Yes I am fairy thin lol

There was no noticeable difference in the passenger/driver height before I installed the lift though so im guessing it has something to do with the lift or the new geometry.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:01 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 362 Likes on 270 Posts

Well, take comfort in that you're backwards. That is, most folks complain about the passenger side being lower. Although this isn't true with any coil lift I've installed, it seems that the stock coils are different for left and right side--maybe to compensate for that lean. Any chance you may have swapped them?
Old 07-26-2011, 12:04 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The constant direction of the engine's rotation makes the passenger side sag over time. This the same thing that happens to TJ's. I specificially lifted my JKU 1/2" more on the passenger side to offset this.

If you are higher on the passenger side by 1/2" or less, I'd be VERY happy with it.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:39 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Well, take comfort in that you're backwards. That is, most folks complain about the passenger side being lower. Although this isn't true with any coil lift I've installed, it seems that the stock coils are different for left and right side--maybe to compensate for that lean. Any chance you may have swapped them?
I guess thumbs up for being different . That's what we all want from our Jeeps anyways, stand out from the crowd I suppose lol. But as comforting as I try to make myself feel over it, I am a little concerned as even when sitting inside the passenger side of the dash is noticeably higher and when viewed from the rear of the vehicle it has a definite lean to it.

When I had the coils taken out, each side was left on the corresponding side of the Jeep. I don't 'think' I had them side by side in which case i could of swapped it but I can't say for sure. I don't remember there being any markings on the coils to say which one was left/right either but I also didn't pay too much attention to it as I didn't think there was a difference.

Originally Posted by BKGM Jeepers
The constant direction of the engine's rotation makes the passenger side sag over time. This the same thing that happens to TJ's. I specificially lifted my JKU 1/2" more on the passenger side to offset this.

If you are higher on the passenger side by 1/2" or less, I'd be VERY happy with it.
Well thats good on one hand and I read in one of the other threads that the factory allowance is about 1/2" as well so I wouldn't be too concerned either except the front has a 3/4" difference and the rear is 1"

Quick Reply: Passenger side of Jeep higher then drivers after lift