Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Parts that work, & parts that dont

Old 10-09-2013, 10:44 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Parts that work, & parts that dont

Did a search for this and couldn't really find what I was looking for. Lets start a list of parts that have worked great for you. Parts that impressed you with their quality and function. Parts that made you think "now this is the way this is supposed to work". Also, how bout a list of parts that weren't quite what you hoped for, parts that were disappointing.

I'll start.

Parts that work:
- Warn 9.5 CTI-s. What a quality piece of work this winch is. It works great and is everything I expected.
- Teraflex tailgate hinge. Again, a super high quality part. The tailgate is solid and shuts like a bank vault, even with a 35" tire on there.

Parts that don't:
- AEV heat reduction hood. Not happy with the water that gets in the engine compartment. Its not alot of water, just enough for the fan to blow it all over the place. Also not particularly convinced that it does very much for heat reduction.

Last edited by MOPWR2U; 10-09-2013 at 11:15 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 10:48 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll throw this in there for the budget minded folks. My cut flares and bumpers have done beautifully for me. Nothing beats free and functional. Also don't regret going to 35's with 3.21's (2012)

My favorite has to be my 4:1 transfercase swap. Huge difference and even with the 3.21's no more stalling
Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 AM
Former Vendor

Parts that work:
  • Avenger Supercharger - Probably the best investment I have made in the JK to date.
  • Rock Krawler Pro Long Arm - It works. period
  • Bulldog Alpha Winch - Used it quite a bit running Carnage. Not a single functional issue out of it.

Parts that dont work:
  • Borla Long Tube Headers - The suckers lost power and Borla ignored my emails when I comfronted them about it.

Originally Posted by MOPWR2U
Parts that don't:
- AEV heat reduction hood. Not happy with the water that gets in the engine compartment. Its not alot of water, just enough for the fan to blow it all over the place. Also not particularly convinced that it does very much for heat reduction.
We can help with that
Old 10-09-2013, 12:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love all of my Ace Jeep stuff, from the bumpers and rock rails to the brackets to hold my hi lift

There stuff is always nicely built from the welding and design to the powder coating

I guess I'm just a big fan, each item feels good in your hand like a very well made tool

The other thing is what was the first real mod I made to my Jeep, the EVO skid plate system

It covers the oil pan, transmission and cross member including the gas tank

I just got a chance to look at it up under a lift yesterday and you can really see the hits it has taken!

Matthew
Old 10-09-2013, 01:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Jks coil spring retainers thumbs down, installation is a nightmare quality was fine though. Include a flag nut!
Old 10-09-2013, 03:40 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Dahmer
Jks coil spring retainers thumbs down, installation is a nightmare quality was fine though. Include a flag nut!
Yeah, I helped a buddy installed these and it was a royal pain. The nut with built in washer and special tool Teraflex gives you with theirs works much better.
Old 10-09-2013, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Dahmer
I agree lol these were installed on my jeep
Old 10-09-2013, 04:35 PM
JK Freak

FOX 2.0 shocks. Recommend.

After running stock, 5100s , Procomp Pro Runners and now Fox 2.0. Fox hands down rides the best. Jeep almost feels like it floats on the higher speed trail. Something the 5100s couldnt do as well. My pro runners ride better than my stiff 5100s did. Ran fox on my bikes too!
Old 10-09-2013, 05:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by courtsm3
FOX 2.0 shocks. Recommend.

After running stock, 5100s , Procomp Pro Runners and now Fox 2.0. Fox hands down rides the best. Jeep almost feels like it floats on the higher speed trail. Something the 5100s couldnt do as well. My pro runners ride better than my stiff 5100s did. Ran fox on my bikes too!
When I got my 3" lift I had the option to upgrade to the fox shocks and I'm happy I did

It rides better now than it did with the factory shocks/suspension

Matthew
Old 10-09-2013, 05:08 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Matthewd5

When I got my 3" lift I had the option to upgrade to the fox shocks and I'm happy I did

It rides better now than it did with the factory shocks/suspension

Matthew
Agreed. FOX for life!

Quick Reply: Parts that work, & parts that dont