Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

parts for gear swap

Old 04-25-2011, 10:40 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default parts for gear swap

i am getting everything together to have 5:38 gears installed.. i have the gears and a electric locker for the rear... just wondering what else i would need for the install ?

bearing kit for the locker ? would this one work

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52421_100.htm

what else would i need... the jeep only has 1000 miles on it so i was sure if i need complete rebuild kits or which one i would need.. i have a Rubi front ..

thanks for the help !
Old 04-25-2011, 10:43 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

At the bottom of that link, look at the Install and Overhaul kits. For low mileage axles, you may be able to get away with Install kits. That is assuming the tech doesn't F up your bearings when he is removing/replacing/removing/replacing/etc. You would be better off with Overhaul kits with new bearings, though. And new seals wouldn't be a bad idea either, just in case. (the shop should have those on hand?)

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-25-2011 at 10:47 AM.
Old 04-25-2011, 11:30 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cool thanks for the info .. so i guess i need these for the specfic ected locker ..would i need anything else for the rear ?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52421_101.htm

and then a general dana 44 rubi front overhall kit should do the job..for the front ?

http://www.quadratec.com/products/52419_707.htm

thanks
Old 04-25-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 162 Likes on 154 Posts

Ahh, didn't notice the description. Since you have a rubi axle and need the 35sp locker and shafts, you may be right that you need them. (haven't seen any other posts talking about it, so don't know for sure)

If you don't get more replies, shoot a PM to Dynatrac or Northridge and see if they can point you in the right direction.

For the lockers and carriers that use upgraded shafts you need larger Inner diameter bearings to accommodate them.

Last edited by nthinuf; 04-25-2011 at 12:58 PM.

Quick Reply: parts for gear swap