Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips

Old 03-06-2007, 12:48 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips

Does anyone have these tires? I am considering them and would like to know how good they are for on-road (noise, etc) and mild to medium off-road (trails and some mud).

http://www.quadratec.com/Assets/Imag...7/39407-md.jpg

Thanks

Last edited by wolverine_man; 03-06-2007 at 12:54 PM.
Old 03-06-2007, 01:45 PM
JK Freak

I had these tires on my old superduty ford truck. I loved them but they do make some road noise. They are much quieter than many of the large lug mud tires but they are no where near as quiet as BFG AT tires. They are strong and they did great in the mud and sand for me. I drove on them to Colorado one year which is a 14 hour drive and they did great at highway speeds for that time. I did get tired of the road noise though for really long drives. Short drives and you would do fine. Mine were 38s if that matters. 38 15.5 16s
Old 03-06-2007, 02:49 PM
JK Freak

Are the PJs noisier than BFG MTs?
Old 03-06-2007, 04:09 PM
JK Freak

Never owned the BFG MT tires and I don't have my stock Rubi yet. I would bet they are the same or slightly noiser as they are bigger lugs. Just expect some noise and you won't be dissapointed. They are much quieter than most of the large mud tires in those large sizes. If you want completly quiet then don't go with these. If you want tough and a good agressive look then you will like them.
Old 03-06-2007, 04:33 PM
JK Super Freak

That's my favorite looking tire. I would like something a little noisier than the BFG MTs, but it's not a big deal. Probably going to get those after I wear out the BFGs and get a lift.
Old 03-07-2007, 07:26 PM
JK Enthusiast

They are great tires for everything but rock-crawling. I used to have them on my '87 Chevy 1/2Ton with an '02 LS1 Corvette motor. The size of the tires were 36x14.50R15. They were the nicest riding tires out of everything I've ever tried, and there have been alot. They just broke apart in the rocks, and they had no sidewall flex. The durometer of the rubber was a little too hard.
Otherwise they are great for street, sand, snow, rain, and kick butt in the mud!
Old 03-08-2007, 03:22 AM
JK Freak

Thanks so much everyone. I also just found this site with reviews:

http://www.offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT...-dirt-grip.htm

They seem pretty solid.

Quick Reply: Parnelli Jones Dirt Grips