Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip - red-headed step-child?

Old 04-02-2008, 11:12 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip - red-headed step-child?

Why doesn't anyone run these????!

You may have seen my many posts asking about tires. I'm looking for the missing link between an all terrain and a mud tire. I also need good ice and snow traction. This tire seems to fit the bill. It's aggressive for an all terrain (good mud and deep snow traction), but it's also got a lot more siping than many all terrains. I know it's heavy like the Toyos. But...

Are they junk? Do wear out quickly? Are they as loud as an M/T? Are they just old news? Has anyone had experience with them?

Now that the prices are finally coming down on them, I'm still kind of interested in them. I am concerned with the weight, and E-load rating.

Thanks for any input.
Old 04-02-2008, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I ran PJs on my F250 and absolutely loved them. I put almost 60k miles on them with only 1 rotation. I wouldn't hesitate to put them on my JK, although I have no experience running them on a Jeep. Off road performance was very good and they were also very streetable with minimal tread block noise.
Old 04-02-2008, 03:35 PM
JK Freak

I see a young lady driving around my neighborhood with PJs or black Crager rims on her JK.
Haven't been able to catch up with her to talk about her mods though. They look good up close.
Old 04-02-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Super Freak

One of the best looking tires in my opinion. Here is a review:

offroaders.com/tech/AT-MT-Tires/parnelli-jones-dirt-grip.htm

I remembered to take out the http://!!!
Old 04-02-2008, 06:33 PM
JK Newbie

I have run 38X15.50's for a few years now... Great in snow, but mine are missing chunks of tire from the rocks. I personally will not be buying another set... and yes they are heavy, especially on steel wheels.
Old 10-22-2008, 07:00 AM
JK Freak

I was in Iraq during the invasion and because the Military needed so many HMMV tires, and there weren't enough Wrangler MT's around they also got SSR's and Parnelli Jones. This is where I first saw them and fell in love with them. I too need a good winter tire/wheeling tire. I plan on running these when I get home. I am having a hard time finding anyone that has run them in snow/ice.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:26 AM
JK Enthusiast

...............bump

Trending Topics

Old 02-26-2009, 08:17 AM
JK Newbie

I've run them on my trucks in the past and and now my jeep. This is my 3rd set and they've always performed great on and off road. Just make sure whoever mounts them has the right equip and knows how to balance big tires 'cause they are heavy

Quick Reply: Parnelli Jones Dirt Grip - red-headed step-child?