Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Parking/hand brake always loose

Old 06-30-2013, 04:37 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking/hand brake always loose

My parking/hand brake on my 09 jku is always coming loose/ I will get the cable tightened up and it'll last a week tops before I can't keep the jeep from rolling on an incline without pulling the brake impossibly high.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeepwave
My parking/hand brake on my 09 jku is always coming loose/ I will get the cable tightened up and it'll last a week tops before I can't keep the jeep from rolling on an incline without pulling the brake impossibly high.
I hear ya!!! I've become quite fast at taking the rear brakes apart and making the adjustment. Plus, I've replaced the hand brake lever after the cable snapped about a year or two ago.

Even when I have it adjusted properly, I still don't trust it by itself. The JK parking brake is a POS!!!
Old 06-30-2013, 04:51 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Are you tightening the cable or adjusting the shoes? Adjusting the shoes is where you need to be and if they continue to slack up then you need to investigate and see why. Are the star wheels slipping back? If so then you're missing a piece of hardware. The pads could be worn out, the rotors could be out of spec, the cable could be physically stretched and need replacing- but we need you to tell us what's going on.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Quick Reply: Parking/hand brake always loose