Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Paramount Restyling modular front bumper from Jeep Add-Ons

Old 08-04-2013, 05:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone. I just wanted to share with you this bumper I recently purchased from Chris at Jeep Add-Ons. It's made by Paramount Restyling and is a modular design. I opted for the version with the full-width end caps, as well as the brush bar/bull bar/pre-runner bar/whatever-you-call-it bar.

Wanting a full-width bumper, I contacted Chris after seeing the stubby and mid-width versions online, but nowhere could I find a possible full-width version. He advised me a full-width version existed, but there were no pics or anything of it so I had no idea what it looked like with the full end caps. He offered me a deal in exchange for me essentially being a guiena pig for this configuration and providing some pics.

First of all, I have no pics of the unboxing or installation process. What I can say is everything was packed very well in three total boxes. The finish is nice in my opinion, but this is my first ever aftermarket bumper, so I have nothing to compare it to.

With the exception of the 8 bolts that hold the brush bar on, everything went together smoothly. We assembled the bumper and then installed it all as one piece. The 8 bolts I just mentioned plus all exterior bolts on the LED housings are a ridiculous tapered Allen head bolt, so you can't get a socket onto them or grab them with a wrench. So we had to get similar sized bolts we could put a socket on and run them through the back side. The problem appeared to be the powder coating covering the threads and we had to power the bolts through the threads, which couldn't be done with the Allen wrench.

As far as the LEDs go, the inner set are for splicing (yes, splicing) into your fog lights since the factory ones aren't retained. The outter ones come with a harness for making them DRLs, but I'm not a fan of DRLs, so I also spliced the otter LEDs to the dogs lights. So now I have all of the LEDs in the bumper come one when I turn on the fog lights. They're nice and bright too.

The bumper installed rather smoothly. I did reinstall that plastic filler piece that was between the grille and the stock bumper. Without that filler piece, there was an unattractive gap between the bumper and the front frame area.

Other than that, that pretty much sums up the installation. I will say that I absolutely hated the silver hardware on the outside of the bumper and as you'll see in the pics, I did dip them because to me, the silver hardware looked too much like the spikes on a dog collar. Just my own personal opinion though.

And I'm also including a pic with my new Engo E9000 winch, which also came courtesy of Chris.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4150731219.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	83.6 KB
ID:	485235   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3674926323.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	104.5 KB
ID:	485236   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1584129811.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	485237   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-289509378.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	64.9 KB
ID:	485238   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2702204532.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	485239  

Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4271741806.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	485240   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3826027542.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	92.2 KB
ID:	485241   Click image for larger version

Name:	image-1790483519.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	94.1 KB
ID:	485242  
Old 08-04-2013, 05:22 PM
JK Junkie

Not to be a Debbie downer but your bull bar is backwards... But still it looks great!
Old 08-04-2013, 05:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

That's correct. I installed it that way in purpose. Im not a fan of forward-leaning bull bars. I forgot to state that above. Sorry. And thank you for the compliment.
Old 08-04-2013, 06:25 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

would the winch have fit if you had installed the bull bar the other way? I ask because it looks like the relay box is tight but could just be the angle of the picture.

Good looking bumper by the way
Old 08-04-2013, 06:35 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes, I'm pretty certain if I had mounted the bar the other way, clearance wouldn't have been an issue. But, I like the look of the way I have it enough that I'd rather relocate the solenoid box into the engine compartment than turn the bar around.

Quick Reply: Paramount Restyling modular front bumper from Jeep Add-Ons