Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Painting the inside of LED light bars

Old 01-21-2017, 03:54 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NewOldSchool
Painted the mine to color match the color of the jeep, I'll post some picks when i get the chance. I used penny's or nickels (I don't remember) to cover the holes. Removed the coins before letting it dry, if you don't remove the coins they will dry and crack the paint when you remove them. I did all my light's this way a few years ago and paint is still holding strong, make sure you prime before hand, paint will attach better. NO difference on light output. Just make sure you use a good sealant to seal the lights back up. This is what i used and got it at the home depot runs about 6 dollars + tax. Ge Silicone II 10.1 oz. Clear Window and Door Caulk Model # GE5000 24C Internet #100026175 Store SKU #362646
how did you get the old seal loose enough to pull the plastic cover out?
Old 05-22-2022, 06:19 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Recently I've been painting the housing of my headlights black. First I took them out and put them on the board, and then I started to paint with a black spray can. The only thing is that you need to walk back and forth with a spray many times and a lot of paint goes to the wind. This is a significant disadvantage and I did not know how to deal with it. So far, I have finished painting my lights that I bought in the car lighting section on Amazon, I probably went 10-15 times from one end of the lights to the other. And yes, when I put them back into the frame, it was necessary to dry the paint for another 1-2 minutes with a hairdryer, otherwise there will be stains + the whole table will be dirty.

Last edited by Odenkurtiak; 05-27-2022 at 01:22 AM.

Quick Reply: Painting the inside of LED light bars