Notices
Modified JK Tech Tech related bulletin board forum regarding subjects such as suspension, tires & wheels, steering, bumpers, skid plates, drive train, cages, on-board air and other useful modifications that will help improve the performance and protection of your Jeep JK Wrangler (Rubicon, Sahara, Unlimited and X) on the trail.

PLEASE DO NOT START SHOW & TELL TYPE THREADS IN THIS FORUM

Painted Sahara Bumper Inserts

Old 04-05-2012, 11:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Painted Sahara Bumper Inserts

I have seen a new Sahara driving around in my neighborhood with the factory silver bumper inserts painted red. I dont see that on the Jeep website. I have tried to catch him to ask about it, but he keeps getting away.

Is there someone around that is selling color coded inserts?

It's got temp tags on it so I thought it was rather early in it's life to already have done a mod like that yourself.
Old 04-05-2012, 12:49 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To my knowledge they only come in silver.
Old 04-05-2012, 01:00 PM
JK Enthusiast

Op I tried to catch up to you about a week or so ago out at Seaside.. I wanted to see if you had gears or a superchips installed on your rig. I'm looking to drive a jeep with either of these mods before pulling the trigger on them..

I live in Blue Mountain Beach

I'm pretty sure that's your Jeep I saw.

As far as the painted trim goes.. i haven't seen that Jeep around here but it sounds like a cool look..

Interestingly enough I actually was planning on seeing if a local paint shop could paint my silver inserts Black color matched to my Jeep paint.

Post a pic up if you get a chance to take one
Old 04-05-2012, 02:11 PM
JK Newbie

For the Sahara models they only come in silver. I have a black Sahara and I painted my silver inserts black.

I plan on having them done in Line-X next along with my VDP stubby caps.
Old 04-05-2012, 04:29 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by juanburgundy
For the Sahara models they only come in silver. I have a black Sahara and I painted my silver inserts black.

I plan on having them done in Line-X next along with my VDP stubby caps.
why don't you just take the inserts off, you have a regular black bumper under there.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:23 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jrocket167
Op I tried to catch up to you about a week or so ago out at Seaside.. I wanted to see if you had gears or a superchips installed on your rig. I'm looking to drive a jeep with either of these mods before pulling the trigger on them..

I live in Blue Mountain Beach

I'm pretty sure that's your Jeep I saw.

As far as the painted trim goes.. i haven't seen that Jeep around here but it sounds like a cool look..

Interestingly enough I actually was planning on seeing if a local paint shop could paint my silver inserts Black color matched to my Jeep paint.

Post a pic up if you get a chance to take one
Do you have the new Black Sahara Unlimited I have been seeing around town? I have seen the Jeep with the inserts twice in the last week in Sandestin. I was on my bike both times and tried to catch it, but he keeps getting away. It's a Red Sahara with a softtop and black wheels.
Old 04-08-2012, 05:41 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TexasChopper
Do you have the new Black Sahara Unlimited I have been seeing around town? I have seen the Jeep with the inserts twice in the last week in Sandestin. I was on my bike both times and tried to catch it, but he keeps getting away. It's a Red Sahara with a softtop and black wheels.

Yeah that may be me your seeing. Im usually on 30A. But im in san deztin area during the work week. I
Have the polished mickey thompson wheels with the black rings and the florida endless summer surf tag.

The red jeep does it have yellow ferrari emblems on the sides? I see that guy all over but never paid attention to the inserts.. May be another jeep though
Old 04-09-2012, 04:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jrocket167
Yeah that may be me your seeing. Im usually on 30A. But im in san deztin area during the work week. I
Have the polished mickey thompson wheels with the black rings and the florida endless summer surf tag.

The red jeep does it have yellow ferrari emblems on the sides? I see that guy all over but never paid attention to the inserts.. May be another jeep though
jacking my own thread....

It's not the Ferrari Jeep, there is another one that just arrived on the scene. I first saw yours though parked next to it several weeks ago at Bud & Alleys. Made me question my Red over Black decision. Sent you a PM
Old 06-03-2012, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

The inserts are just silver painted plastic covers over the regular bumper. I just spent 20 minutes taking both of them off my 3 week old '12 Black color matched hard top JKU. That included having to pull off the rear bumper , only six bolts and it only weighs like 5-10 lbs. I was going to Plast-dip them if they didn't come off. Easy 1 man job!

If you want to color match them it would be super easy with either Plasti-dip or rattle can paint.

Now just gotta list them for sale.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Post a pic if you ever catch up to him again.I have thought about this myself

Quick Reply: Painted Sahara Bumper Inserts